Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

GameCube back?

Options
  • 28-10-2003 8:08pm
    Registered Users Posts: 779 ✭✭✭

Ok seems GC is going to shine this Christmas with the likes of Mario Kart DD and F-Zero on the way. What are people here most looking forward to and anyone think that the Cube can be brought back to life? Especially considering how Nintendo just announced their first ever loss since the company was founded.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,800 ✭✭✭voxpop

Dont think it will ever catch up with the PS2 or the Xbox but in my opinion the GC is a great system. Its got some of the most original games on any system (along with the remakes of the usual nintendo games, zelda,etc). It could do with some more of the top games for the other systems being made available though , eg Pro Evoulation 2

• Registered Users Posts: 26,578 ✭✭✭✭Creamy Goodness

game cube is a great buy even when it was 200 euros but now it's 120 euros.

nintendo make games like no one else: Zelda, F-Zero, Mario, Mario Kart

• Registered Users Posts: 5,460 ✭✭✭shinzon

Im looking forward to rogue squadron 3 the most, the more screenshots i see of the game the more salivating I do

Its a pity some of the bigger games publishers have abandoned it cause it has a ton of potential

Shin

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,030 ✭✭✭smiaras

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,585 ✭✭✭honru

Originally posted by smiaras
    Game on Henry St are selling the xbox for 209.99 with Halo, Midtown Madness, Timesplitters 2 and MOH.

Yeah, I have to say that the Xbox deal is a steal. Comes with two months of Xbox LIVE aswell.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 26,928 ✭✭✭✭rainbow kirby

I'd still prefer the zelda GC pack at €150, add on metroid prime, pikmin and SSBM, take off my staff discount and youre still under the price of the xbox deal.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,872 ✭✭✭segadreamcast

Originally posted by rainbow kirby
    I'd still prefer the zelda GC pack at €150, add on metroid prime, pikmin and SSBM, take off my staff discount and youre still under the price of the xbox deal.

That's a nice way of subtly boasting about your staff discount - but it's hardly a 'real' GC deal now, is it?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,709 ✭✭✭Balfa

xbox for 209.99 with Halo, Midtown Madness, Timesplitters 2 and MOH.

Just buy those four games for pc and, with the aid of a mouse, be able to actually play the FPS games too! Oh, and save yourself about a hundred euro. (okay, i'm not sure if timesplitters is on pc, but i know it's on other consoles).

Originally posted by Balfa
    (okay, i'm not sure if timesplitters is on pc, but i know it's on other consoles).

then that throws your point out the window only two of the four games are on pc halo and MOH and tbh the pc version of halo is cack

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,181 ✭✭✭✭Jim

saw it for 100 squids in argos the other day, with an extra controller.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,136 ✭✭✭Pugsley

150 - 10% = 135
    Each game - 30% = 21 x 3 = 63
    135+63= 198 +Memory card(say about 7.50)
    205.50 euro a total savings of say 4.49 Wowzers why bother?
    Because he prefares the games? possably?

Id much rather have a GC than an X-box, as most legendary games are on the GC (zelda, mario kart, metroid etc) and it also has some great party games such as Smash Brothers and Mario Party (mario party is on/will be on the GC wont it?).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,116 ✭✭✭✭RasTa

I cant wait until crimbo !!!
    Viewtiful Joe is on its way to me from play.com only 47 euros aswell. Its ment to be a classic

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,919 ✭✭✭✭Gummy Panda

RasTa,

Not trying to annoy ya or be smart but GAME were selling that fo €50 with 10% off for loyality card holders.

I got it for €45 on release.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,585 ✭✭✭honru

Originally posted by clownboy
    Not trying to annoy ya or be smart but GAME were selling that fo €50 with 10% off for loyality card holders. I got it for €45 on release.

I got my copy off dvdboxoffice.com for €34 delivered. :D

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,387 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

I think the GC could do very well this christmas. I predict that it will overtake the xbox sales for chrimbo but the xbox will overtake it again after.

I'm looking forward to F-zero and MK:DD the most. The great multiplayer games on the GC are the best thing about it. F-zero and MK:DD will ocmpliment SSBM and Timesplitters 2.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,778 ✭✭✭✭Kold

Gamecube is a brilliant system that is unfortunately overshadowed by its 'cooler' competitors. The thing is me and all my friends are hardcore gamers and we all own a gamecube so it is well appreciated, we couldn't really care less that other people dont have them. But unfortunately, when the sales dont happen, things start getting canceled which is bad for us. I hope Nintendo does v.well, I think one of the problems is the price of games. Well in this country anyway... €60 for Def jam vendetta is a bit much... i mean its been out for a good 4/5 months now.

Can't wait 4 kart or f zero, i couldnt wait for soul calibur either but i haven't bought it yet cos of the money...

• Registered Users Posts: 572 ✭✭✭Len_007

LAN Double Dash & 1080, bring it on

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,856 ✭✭✭Clover

i went in to game after work checking for a good gamecube deal and came out with an xbox and 4 games:ninja:

anyone know of any good gamecube package deals around town that include a game and a decent size mem card?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,709 ✭✭✭Balfa

Originally posted by Cr3m0
    then that throws your point out the window only two of the four games are on pc halo and MOH and tbh the pc version of halo is cack

midtown madness is available for pc. And my point is that those games, as with almost all other xbox games, are available for other platforms, making an xbox purchase pretty pointless. What's so much worse about pc halo? I didn't see any difference except for being able to aim.

The only game i've played on the xbox that A) isn't on any other platform and B) is any way decent is gotham. And that one game, good though it is, doesn't warrant buying an xbox, in my opinion. So as you see, my point is not thrown out at all.

midtown madness 1 is available yes but not 3

loads of ppl are complaining about poor frame rates in halo.
    the lack of co-op play is complete rubbish.
    maybe the good thing is the added mouse support.

also most ppl can't afford pc's so they tend to go for the cheaper option like a console.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,339 ✭✭✭✭tman

Originally posted by Cr3m0
    midtown madness 1 is available yes but not 3
    2 is available as well, afaik 3 is on the way to the pc...

ok i stand correct sorry :)

but my other points are valid arn't they?

• Registered Users Posts: 12,778 ✭✭✭✭Kold

Leeting up your pc enough to play all the latest games costs way more than a gamecube

• Registered Users Posts: 3,739 ✭✭✭BigEejit

The product that will be the biggest hit will be the one that gets the most advertising .... I dont think the GC will compete with XBOX or PS2 because of this ... but then again I never had a console, and I never will either I suspect ... unless in the future there is some serious *mainstream* convergence of computer abilities into consoles..

By mainstream I mean manufacturer supported... and by abilities I mean write documents, print them, surf, manipulate images, burn CD's/DVD's etc etc etc...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,263 ✭✭✭Caesar_Bojangle

Is fifa 2004 GC worth buying?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,492 ✭✭✭Shred

Mario Party (mario party is on/will be on the GC wont it?).

Mario Party 4 has been available for ages - and as usual it's brilliant craic. 5 will be here before chrimbo

There's too many games I want to buy - just don't have the dosh right now:(

Advertisement