Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dsl Broadband

• 28-10-2003 10:01pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,427 ✭✭✭

- Iol will not enable pings for gaming
    - Utv browsing speeds suck ?Pings?
    - Netsource pings + download speeds are $hite

- Eircom are sweet in every department

What is going on? Is it only eircom that can offer a proper Dsl package in Ireland?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,221 ✭✭✭Davey Devil

Eh they are not too sweet in the wallet department forgotten about the 55 euro??, or the crappy cap. I have Iol and they ARE sweet in every department. So you can't ping who cares???, it doesn't effect on-line gaming for me in the slightest, I have no problems playing Wolfie, infact i just killed 10 Germans.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 741 ✭✭✭longword

Originally posted by ando
    What is going on? Is it only eircom that can offer a proper Dsl package in Ireland?
    You might almost think they had arranged it that way.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,059 ✭✭✭BKtje

- Iol will not enable pings for gaming

Nothing to do with IOL....
    - Utv browsing speeds suck ?Pings?
    Same problem regarding pings as interleaving is controlled by Eircom
    - Eircom are sweet in every department
    Apart from the fact they also have interleaving on, download cap etc?

I got a friend on Eircom , IOl and im on Esat Business. Eircom and IOL guys ping very similar with me a fair bit below em. (depending on server slightly)

Eircom are probably better for pings that the other 2 but it would be very marginal. For everything else IOL/UTV are similar i'd say.

EDIT: Just read aboit IOL disabling pings? Will discuss in relevant thread

Advertisement