Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cant access PC's on workgroup

Options
  • 28-10-2003 10:19pm
    Registered Users Posts: 691 ✭✭✭

Heres the setup:

2 x windows 2000 professional machines, had been previously on a workgroup with a simple crossover cable. I had to re-install one of the machines OS and after that i havent been able to access either machine....from the other machine

I went and bought a router for my BB - now, both machines have broadband fine, both machines can ping the router and each other. Both machines can SEE each other in the workgroup.

I just get "network resource not available" when i try to access each of them.

I've tried everything from changing the workgroup name to changing the machine names. Ive NO idea whats going on and im getting frustrated :(

Any ideas?

TIA :)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭LegacyUser

is there anything shared on either computer
    local computer policy might be set to dissallow any access from the network
    is the server service runnin on both

• Closed Accounts Posts: 148 ✭✭Big al

it sounds like a permissions problem, try loging on as administrator to both machines

• Registered Users Posts: 691 ✭✭✭gs39t

Sorry for the late reply:

it sounds like a permissions problem, try loging on as administrator to both machines

Already tried, that doesnt seem to be the problem.

is there anything shared on either computer

Yes, i have folders shared on both machines.
    local computer policy might be set to dissallow any access from the network
    is the server service runnin on both

Which service is this exactly?? When i had it working initially i never had to change anything regarding services :confused:

Still no luck, but Thanks guys :)

Advertisement