Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Havent Been billed for IOl yet :/ ?

• 29-10-2003 12:35am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,368 ✭✭✭

Got my connection Live Mid july, its been 2 months now and nothing has been taken from account. Should I be worried, I mean could I be landed with a huge bill, which is miles off and not be able to argue my case? It should be €99 + 2 months rental adding up to €198.98, would I be correct in saying this? Also I have not gone over the cap as of yet.

Do you get a bill sent to you stating what youve paid for or anything formal like that, or is your money just taken?

Should I leave it go, or ring them :/?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,321 ✭✭✭OfflerCrocGod

They(Esat/IOL) are running a promotion right now where the first month is free... thats only meant for new acounts but they may have extend it to all existing accounts...dont know, we got a free month even though we were to early for that offer.:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,077 ✭✭✭parasite

yeah that happened to me on my netsmart a/c, and seems to be happening on anytime. You hear nothing for 6 months, then a letter with an amount owed, totally untransparent, no itemisation.... they can't even organise it to take a direct debit every month :confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 91 ✭✭PaulMagrath

Originally posted by -ADREN-
    Do you get a bill sent to you stating what youve paid for or anything formal like that, or is your money just taken?
    They just steal your money. All they want is money. Money, money, money...

Seriously, they are supposed to be sending e-mail statements.

Should I leave it go, or ring them :/?
    God no - ring up and complain: if they are going to be so cheap as to not send paper bills you should at least get an e-mail one.

Originally posted by -ADREN-
    Got my connection Live Mid july, its been 2 months now and nothing has been taken from account. Should I be worried, I mean could I be landed with a huge bill, which is miles off and not be able to argue my case? It should be €99 + 2 months rental adding up to €198.98, would I be correct in saying this?

Not quite - they will charge you €99 + half a months rental for july (Bastards - they did this to me) + 2 months rental (in advance)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,088 ✭✭✭Sarn

Join the club.

I got connected mid-July as well. So far I've received two overdue letters demanding payment (each of which I've paid). I've also set up two direct debits (including the one on the original form), I'm currently filling in the third one. As of now ESAT appear to be completely incompetent in attempting to set up a direct debit from my account. All my other direct debits workout. The bank have told me that a direct debit has never been presented to them from ESAT.

No bill in any shape or form has arrived. Several phonecalls got me a paper bill eventually (about 1.5 months after the bill was due) which I'd paid two weeks previously. No invoice arrived for the last bill either. I'm tempted not to bother filling in the third form until they start invoicing me in some shape or form (they have my e-mail on the original form). On our contract it says that we will not receive a bill, from this I assume a paper one. The only invoicing I get are the overdue letters, no breakdown on it unfortunately.

• Advertisement

I'd like to know if it's even entirely legal.
    At the very least the mention of e-mail statements on the advertising they sent out is misleading the consumer and false advertising.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,592 ✭✭✭Ancient1

I was supposed to get billed at least twice....nothing yet. Apparently they are working on it, what a bunch of idiots, cant even sell their own product.
    When i asked them about bills or emails they told me neither, they just take the money from your account. At the very least they should be notifying us by email - this is unbelievable!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,188 ✭✭✭Ripwave

Originally posted by Ancient1
    I was supposed to get billed at least twice....nothing yet. Apparently they are working on it, what a bunch of idiots, cant even sell their own product.
    When i asked them about bills or emails they told me neither, they just take the money from your account. At the very least they should be notifying us by email - this is unbelievable!
    ?? If you set up a direct debit for a fixed amount, then what do you need a bill for? It's a waste of time and resources (event electronic "bills" cost money to set up).

But if they're billing for "partial months", then, yes, you should be told exactly what you're being charged for. Once you're on a regular cycle, then just check your bank account.

(And god only knows why ESAT want to do bi-monthly bills. Maybe they have an eircom complex?)

Direct Debits are never for fixed amounts. That's what Standing Orders are for.

And anyway, I'd still like to know if they are charging me for going over the cap, etc.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,059 ✭✭✭BKtje

i think what hes saying is that he hasnt actually been charged not that he hasnt gotten a paper bill.

I also havent been charged by esat for last couple months for my business dsl and i was switched on start sept.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,592 ✭✭✭Ancient1

whichever way you look at it, it's a bloody mess.
    But if they're billing for "partial months",

Partial months, uneven billing, once they "forgot" to bill me, so next time (if they dont change the date again) they will bill me for the past 2 months and the next 2 months.
    And i have no proof of anything - no bills.

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 2,094 ✭✭✭halenger

Was billed there last week. Only on about 2 months or so.

I think the reason I was billed though is that I have my phone connection with them too and they do paper bill for those.

Advertisement