Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Alan Smith = Muppet

• 29-10-2003 10:31am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,754 ✭✭✭

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/league_cup/3223031.stm

apparently hit a women in the head, seen it on the news this morning before i was leaving for work...

what the hell was this guy thinking exactly? just proved to me further more that he really is a muppet

Comments

• Moderators, Regional North East Moderators Posts: 12,739 Mod ✭✭✭✭cournioni

I'd doubt if he meant any harm but it was still a stupid thing to do. If he did mean it he's a total muppet as you said. Who knows what was going through his head?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,754 ✭✭✭Big Chief

from the video this morning that was on sky news he just hurled it back, but what do you expect when you throw a bottle into a large crowd really, not that its gonna miss everyone. Although i doubt he meant harm but like i say what do you expect throwing it into a large crowd.

Yeah, I'd say it was more stupidity than anything. And he's going to have to pay for it now with the British media all over his back.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,030 ✭✭✭smiaras

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,687 ✭✭✭tHE vAGGABOND

"what was going through his head"

nothing, I think thats the problem :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 310 ✭✭rocco

he is a scumbag he learned it all from Bowyer

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,438 ✭✭✭TwoShedsJackson

As if Newcastle don't have enough players with dodgy temperaments at the club already...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,835 ✭✭✭StickyMcGinty

and to cap off his brainless antics, he hit his best mates sister on the head!!

good lad smith!!

Originally posted by VinnyL

good lad smith!!
    Where did you read that? Or are you just taking the piss?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,599 ✭✭✭LizardKing

I doubt a plastic lucozade bottle will have done much damage ...
    He is still a muppet though

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 14,013 ✭✭✭✭eirebhoy

Originally posted by VinnyL

good lad smith!!
    Where did you read that? Or are you just taking the piss?
    I just heard that on Sky Sports News aswell. If its true Smith is a lucky man.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,188 ✭✭✭growler

regardless of whether he hit his mates sister, his granny or diego forlan's bird he's gonna be facing a ban and a fine for bringing the game into disrepute. He's a dirty player and has never had much self control , good to see him making his own contribution to Leed's demise.

At the same time although I don't like Leeds I have a certain amount of admiration for him , at least he is loyal to the club and seems genuinely gutted by losing.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 310 ✭✭Spud

yeah i heard that Smith hit his Best Friends Sister from Sky News earlier today lol :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,972 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Speechless....(no-one from Liverpool would do something like that....oops just remembered!)

Mike.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,687 ✭✭✭tHE vAGGABOND

what a ****wit

• Registered Users, Subscribers, Registered Users 2 Posts: 47,336 ✭✭✭✭Zaph

As a Leeds fan I have to say that I'm really disappointed with what Smith did. The guy is one of the few who actually plays as if he cares about the club and now he'll be banned for however many games the FA see fit.

Originally posted by smiaras
    He's probably wondering why he turned his back on a move to newcastle
    That's the first I've heard of that, there's never been any suggestion that Smith would leave Leeds. He's a local lad who lives and breathes for the club, you'd have to wrap him up in a straightjacket before you'd have a chance of prizing him away from Elland Road.

Originally posted by rocco
    he is a scumbag he learned it all from Bowyer
    While there's no way I can condone what Smith did last night, you're way off the mark to describe him as a scumbag. Admittedly the club has had a few in recent times, but Smith has never been in trouble with the law. The only thing he's guilty of is being reckless on the pitch due to his competitive nature. I'd happily take another half dozen like him and we'd have a fighting chance of staying up...and in business.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 801 ✭✭✭puntosporting

Give the lad a break FFS it was a rush of blood to the head im a liverpool fan by the way!
    Some high horses at play in this thread me thinks!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 537 ✭✭✭Oswald Osbourne

Originally posted by mike65
    Speechless....(no-one from Liverpool would do something like that....oops just remembered!)

Mike.

Judging by the latest finanical reports, If a Leeds player had a 50p thrown at him he'd probably give it to the club treasurer.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 467 ✭✭Jokah

Alan Smith is a pure knacker. Sure he is Leeds through and through and a hard worker.

But he is a knacker. Short tempered....

When ever I mention his name to my mates.....Knacker is the first word they always use....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,438 ✭✭✭TwoShedsJackson

When ever I mention his name to my mates.....Knacker is the first word they always use....

'that little shitehawk' is the first thing I usually hear him described as..

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 801 ✭✭✭puntosporting

ye dont even know the lad to be calling him that...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,283 ✭✭✭gucci

Originally posted by Oswald Osbourne
    Judging by the latest finanical reports, If a Leeds player had a 50p thrown at him he'd probably give it to the club treasurer.

yeah savage!!
    probably if he claims to the fa that it was a joke he was playing on his friends sister he might get away with!

Advertisement