Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Paranoid Fergie

• 29-10-2003 11:54am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,839 ✭✭✭

This appeared in the News of the Crap at the w/end. United, and in particular Fergie, tried to get the courts to stop publication of this, but were told last Thursday, by their own lawyers, to drop the case, which they did. United have confirmed that this ex-sas guy ,"Ned" Kelly, was head of security for 11 years. Apparently more "revelations to follow"

Comments

• Moderators, Regional North East Moderators Posts: 12,739 Mod ✭✭✭✭cournioni

I actually met that guy one time. I was talking to him for 5 or 10 minutes, he's really sound. Sounds like an interesting book.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 559 ✭✭✭jongore

Er? Where's the suprise? It's been known for years that Fergie keeps tabs on the comings and goings of all the players at United. This security group can't be great if they missed Boz on the coke.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,839 ✭✭✭Hobart

Originally posted by jongore
    Er? Where's the suprise? It's been known for years that Fergie keeps tabs on the comings and goings of all the players at United. This security group can't be great if they missed Boz on the coke.
    Really? By whom? Surely this must infringe on ones' privacy. I don't think they missed him on the coke. I believe they just could not pin point his dealer.

It surprises me that people knew how much Fergie was keeping tabs on players (and players he had'nt signed) to the extent this article seems to suggest. Surprise to me. Any links to previous stories on this jongore?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,003 ✭✭✭✭The Muppet

It is well documented that Fergie has people reporting to him on the activities of his own players, I had not heard of him having possible tranfer targets checked but considering the money spent on playerss it does not really surprise me.

Advertisement