Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Gamezville Vs Gamepad

Options
  • 29-10-2003 2:44pm
    Registered Users Posts: 12,778 ✭✭✭✭

Took a mental health day and was laying about watching TV. Gamepad was on bravo so i thought i'd give it a look but it turned out to be reruns. Do they really think it's ok to do about 10 episodes a year then keep replaying them? I thought to myself, even if it is a bunch of kiddy bull****, at least Gamezville will give up to date reports on recent games.

Then i turned to it... They dedicated 10 minutes of the show to mobile phone games and free downloadable internet shareware crap. about 15 minutes to the challenge thingy, 2 minutes per round, the rest was them chatting utter **** about how super smash bros melee was a buttonbasher (SACRILIGE).

Anyway, my point is that these people must die. Painfully. Do they actually know how crap they are? I mean... some1 emailed them about that post...

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 349 ✭✭Burago

A decent Games show would be so easy to make that's the worst thing. RTE could easily put one together, think more film/music review style shows. Start off with the weeks gaming news, not press releases but actual news. Then review a few games in a round table style similar to RTE's Arts show "The View." Finish off with features/previews on upcoming games. Then do the Irish/UK/US/Jap charts. Only allow real adult gamers on the show and never have people on playing games to win prizes. Simple!:D

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,387 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

I think the view is dire. I can smell the pretentiousness coming from the tv everytime I try to watch it. A show like Film 2003 would be far more suited to it. However if RTE did it then they would probably have Kevo in place of Jonathan Ross.

• Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 4,599 CMod ✭✭✭✭RopeDrink

In my pointless opinion, the only thing kiddish about gaming is the kiddish games themselves, yet Gamesville act the entire show out as if the whole damn gaming scene is kiddish...

Apart from the "G TEAM" and the rest of the staff, all you see are little kids screaming and giving their 0.01 cent on games they get to play-test or scream a lot during the "FACE ****ing OFF", and of course the presenters themselves aren't exactly a whole deal better... They're even worse than the little ****ing kid onlookers... And the games ****ing guru, yes, he's a ****ing legend... oh yes, he's knows everything about everything and owns a mobile phone and lives in a ****ing box with graffitee all over the place because he's mega ****ing cool...

Give me a sodding break. There haven't been too many shows that were much different, but thats not to say that they haven't been better... never seen this Gamepad show, but I bet Gamesmaster squats all over it, mainly because they did the very odd "Late Night" or "Halloween" or "Adult" showings that were very VERY un-kiddish to say the least, and Patrick Moore would annihiliate G-Guru - Personality wise at least...

And that's MY 0.01 kiddish cents on this matter.

Originally posted by Retr0gamer
    I think the view is dire. I can smell the pretentiousness coming from the tv everytime I try to watch it.

I'm not a big fan of the view either but the round table style would work for games reviews in my opinion.

• Registered Users Posts: 26,578 ✭✭✭✭Creamy Goodness

yeh gamezville is utter crap

ever notice the way they love to do things in two's

boyz@gamesville.tv, that's the boyz@gameville.tv

the guru only answers two questions.

the freebies section only has two games in it

when ever they review a pc game it always gets a crap score and their reason is "the controls are crap"

also one of the presenters called tomb raider a FPS which it is far from that.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 677 ✭✭✭The_Scary_Man

The only gaming show I watch is gamerwebtv on friendly tv on digital. Presented by gamers who know what they are talking about for the most part. You can text in questions live and have the answered on the show.
    I wouldn't bother my hole watching the other two.

gamerwebtv is ok better than gamezville

gamesmaster is on challenge now at 6:30 for some retro action

• Registered Users Posts: 863 ✭✭✭Lawdie

What was the games program that was on late at night. Had a silver droid with a TV for a head.

That was pretty cool. It was quick and snappy with no presenter at all!

• Registered Users Posts: 863 ✭✭✭Lawdie

Cybernet?

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 2,968 Mod ✭✭✭✭LoGiE

Gameszville is possibly the worst games program ever. (Yes worse then the Dexter Fletcher on Gamesmaster) I've never seen anyone wave their hands around as much as those two clowns. It makes me want to break "da boyz" fingers...all of them.
    Gamepad I've always found to be good with interviews from developers and important people from the games industry as well as generally good reviews. Not just grabing some random sod out of the audience to see how many G's he'd give a game hes only played for an hour. Its a shame bravo prefares to spend there cash on that crappy "Hackers" program.

*And for good sake give the Games Guru back his heroin and release back to the dark alley he came from

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,277 ✭✭✭DiscoStu

Originally posted by LoGiE
    *And for good sake give the Games Guru back his heroin and release back to the dark alley he came from

and for gods sake stop him reading www.gamefaqs.com

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 14,710 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dcully

They dedicated 10 minutes of the show to mobile phone games and free downloadable internet shareware crap. about 15 minutes to the challenge

I seem to remember them showing Enemy Territory{Return to wolfenstein new version which was relesed free to download] on the freebie section too.
    You cannot say thats crap.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20 cecil

Originally posted by Burago
    Start off with the weeks gaming news, not press releases but actual news. Then review a few games in a round table style similar to RTE's Arts show "The View."
    What a load of rubbish, what age are you 50 or something?
    They dedicated 10 minutes of the show to mobile phone games and free downloadable internet shareware
    So what? I and many other people find mobile gaming very interesting and glad to see it getting a slot on Gamezville.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,460 ✭✭✭shinzon

Guys has gamezville gone into repeats, its gone back to its 9am slot and i swear ive seen some of them before

Shin

the ones at 9am are the shows from 4pm yesterday i think

• Registered Users Posts: 5,460 ✭✭✭shinzon

I know that the 4pm ones are repeated at 9 am the following morning, but im 100% sure that these are actually very old shows, like they reviewed deus ex 2, jay (sigh) asked when it would be out, the guy said towards the end of the year November 2003

Shin

• Registered Users Posts: 12,778 ✭✭✭✭Kold

Guys has gamezville gone into repeats, its gone back to its 9am slot and i swear ive seen some of them before

thatd be the repetitive ghey bs but no, it is still being broadcasted

Im sorry but why would it be ok to show games programme repeats?

I never see Film 2002 repeats... why? cos theyre pointless

• Closed Accounts Posts: 28,128 ✭✭✭✭Mossy Monk

Originally posted by Burago
    RTE could easily put one together

they could and they did. i was watching telly at about 5.30 this morning and on popped everyones favourite Kevo presenting a games programme from about 3 years ago. needless to say it was crap :D

• Registered Users Posts: 3,055 ✭✭✭suppafly

gamespad by a mile. Even though i think yur one is kind of annoying, and some of them are repeats i'd still prefer to watch it rather than that tripe on sky!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,872 ✭✭✭segadreamcast

"real adult gamers"

Yeah because to be a real gamer, you have to be an adult...:rolleyes:

• Advertisement

Originally posted by NoelRock
    "real adult gamers"

Yeah because to be a real gamer, you have to be an adult...:rolleyes:

You took my comment out of context. By real I meant a "real" gamer not some tard they pick off the street for his opinion on games. Someone who plays and appreciates games. As for adult, well you hardly want kids reviewing movies so why have them reviewing games...
    Originally posted by cecil
    What a load of rubbish, what age are you 50 or something?

So what? I and many other people find mobile gaming very interesting and glad to see it getting a slot on Gamezville.

No, 18. I suppose you want Kevo telling you how "rapid the grafix are on dis gayem!":rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,263 ✭✭✭Caesar_Bojangle

The reason why most computer game programmes are pretty pathetic is because they are targeting the casual gamer, not us callus ridden hermits.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 833 ✭✭✭Stormfox1020

The two presenters on gamezilla mock the game world in which they present the show. You can tell straight away 1. There gay 2. they dont give 2 ****s about gaming, and 3. well there just plain gay. And as pointed out who the **** is this game guru fella, it looks like hes dosed up to his eye-balls with heroin, and looks like hes gona rape the camera men any minute. And worse of all the two presenters bow when they say his name. they make the face-offs sound like its a ****in World cup final, and usually always review PS2 games. Awell, but we should sent them this post see if they change

• Registered Users Posts: 2,831 ✭✭✭Lucutus

About a year ago or so, I saw a show about games on C4. I think it was called Thumb Bandits or something. The presenters were informitive and entertaining, not condescending or just downright stupid, like so many of the other shows mentioned on this thread.

One particular week was funny when one of the presenters 'responded' to posts on their web board about him, could possibly be why C4 stopped showing it...

:)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,636 ✭✭✭henbane

Remember that late night one channel 4 had with the 3 women. Was it Bitz?

Think they need to bring it back - it made me feel all warm and fuzzy inside.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,272 ✭✭✭i_am_dogboy

Originally posted by Lawdie
    Cybernet?
    i really like cybernet actually, the voice is a bit annoying but it's got far better gaming coverage than any other program and it doesn't have a really annoying scoring scheme for reviews

• Registered Users Posts: 2,220 ✭✭✭Davey Devil

try gamerweb 5-7pm on friendly tv channel, on sky digital ch.268. it's low budget but the presenters are gamers unlike those tossers on gamesville. it's a live show so they just sort of wing it but it's good.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,987 ✭✭✭✭zAbbo

I watched Gamesville for the first time last week, i have to say its utter ****e, The concept of the show seems to be two hip hop black guys jumping round bigging up games they have never played. Why is all the news/reviews rehashed from the web.

As for Gamepad, i quite like its simplistic format, its a good show. Your man that used to be on How2 has something to do with it(the young lad, gareth)

Originally posted by bazH
    As for Gamepad, i quite like its simplistic format, its a good show. Your man that used to be on How2 has something to do with it(the young lad, gareth)

Isn't he married to the presenter, Violet Berlin?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 37 Goblin_insane

You got to realise that this show is targeted at younger people judging by the time it is shown at and the fact that they have kids on the show.
    So do not expect the show to be a great expeirence for you.
    Also thumb banditz was one of the chicks from bitz. I think she is doing stuff on Sci fi these day's.

Advertisement