Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Duty Free Cigarettes to your door (Legal!!!)

• 29-10-2003 3:41pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 363 ✭✭

Hi,

Dono if I can post this here, if not please let me know...If you are interested, you may aswell register using this link and proceed with the order :

http://www.geocities.com/nickvivacity/

Anyway, here is a link to the cheapest smokes in Europe, and best of all it is legal !!!

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,616 ✭✭✭milltown

Yesmoke was a godsend about 2 years ago and saved people a fortune. Then a Sunday World reporter was kind enough to run a story about the influx of cheap ciggies with the obligatory shocking suggestion that it was run by the Russian mafia.
    After that the customs started stopping everything that looked like it might be smokes. They would hold them for anything up to 3 months, not being in any hurry to process them, before finally sending out letters saying they have your fags and if you want them you can pay the duty and they will send them on.
    I never actually got around to asking why but the duty they were charging per pack of cigs was more than the price of a pack in the irish shops.
    I stopped using them over a year ago because apart from the grief with customs, Yesmoke say they will refund your money if you are asked to pay taxes. Just refuse to pay and the ciggies go back to them. Well and good in theory. Problem is, Yesmoke send your fags in 40s so you need to keep tabs (sic) on what was ordered when, and what you received. They are atrocious at responding to e-mails and you need to really keep hassling them to get each refund. Too much trouble for me, but if you are a well organised skinflint with a lot of time on your hands you may save a few €.

• Registered Users Posts: 653 ✭✭✭DukeDredd

Have used yesmoke myself a coupla years ago also - worked like a dream for a good while but then customs started stopping them. Last time i ordered i got a letter from SDS saying that they had my fags and i would have to pay the duty on them if they were to deliver. All good things must come to an end i guess - waste of time ordering from them now.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 363 ✭✭leonlafrite

I see what you mean, but it works out at 1.6 € for 20...
    meaning at 5.90 € here, you actually save 4.3 € a packet.
    43 € a carton, Even if you only receive 2 order (4 packets) out of 3 you ordered and paid for (9.6€) you still save 14 €...if you were to buy them here.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 538 ✭✭✭raphaelS

I just read the story about PM on their web site, a bit confusing but it tells a lot about tabaco compagnies!!

Raphael

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,443 ✭✭✭cartman

ill just let you know, you will get caught,
    I used to always use them b4 the mad press crap,
    then bout 2-3 months ago did it again,
    first 40got trough, All rest caught,
    no point imo

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,016 ✭✭✭✭vibe666

I always make a point when I go on me holiers to post some fags back. last time was the best one. posted 12 boxes back from tenerife at E14.50 pser box, and also cunningly got though customs with another 12 boxes too. saved over a grand all told, inc. postage costs (opted for sea delivery rather than air, as less likely to get scanned or anything, if they do that sort of thing).

even if only one lot had got back we'd have still been in profit, but as it was both were fine.:D :D:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 39 X4

for God sake,i should've seen this post earlier!

2 weeks ago i was told by my american friend that there are some cheap cigarettes from yesmoke, and i had placed my order fornight ago for 200s. however 'til now, i still haven't got any parcel.

one question here for milltown & DukeDredd, will i still get me

cigarettes from 'em? i've emailed yesmoke on Thursday,and got

no replies so far!

$$$ for all smokers $$$

• Registered Users Posts: 653 ✭✭✭DukeDredd

Whats going to happen X4 is that you will get a letter from SDS/cutoms asking you if you want delivery of the cigarettes you must pay the duty on them - the rate they charge works out more that the ciggies are here! You will also have the option of not paying and they will send the smokes back to yesmoke. You must them get in touch with yesmoke to get them to credit your account with the amount charged.

This is one of the very few instances I found where my scanner came in handy. When the letter arrives from SDS asking if you want your fags, costing whatever you have already paid plus about €6.50 a pack tax, if you can scan the letter and e-mail it to yesmoke it does speed things along.
    A few points worth noting:
    1. Don't be surprised if 2 months or more pass before you hear from SDS.
    2. From what I hear it is quite common for one or two packs of 40 to arrive before the duty letter. When the supply has dried up start e-mailing yesmoke for a refund, preferrably with a copy of the aforementioned letter. Myself and a friend both got 40 or 80 ciggies, then a full refund :)
    3. It seems to be policy with yesmoke not to answer your first few, polite, e-mails. I would give them one or two chances to reply, then tell them if they can't resolve the matter you will get onto your credit card company and get them to charge back your money. That normally gets them moving.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 39 X4

many thanks DukeDredd and milltown!

well i've got neither cigarette nor SDS letter so far.

so i imagine i'll have to wait, don't i?

regarding yesmoke, would it be better not to send them another

mail untill i get me CC statement for this transaction?

thanks again~~~

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,710 ✭✭✭kaisersose77

im sure i saw this site posted on this forum months ago http://www.discountsmoking.net/main.php?item=home&language=en

I was just wondering did anyone order from it? and did anyone get their order without having to pay duty when they arrived in ireland. Any info would be appreciared.

• Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 21,504 Mod ✭✭✭✭Agent Smith

http://www.discountsmoking.net/product_info.php?cPath=39&products_id=66&language=en

looks like the price is right.......

x
    10 =
    -27.65 =

33.85! what a saving!

if only i had a credit card! parent's wouldnt be too happy me charging fag's to there cc!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,359 ✭✭✭Sarsfield

I stopped smoking a few years ago.

It feels great. 3 cheers for Allen Carr and his book "The Easy Way to Stop Smoking"

:D

I'm off the (lovely) fags since new years myself but by the looks of it, since the taxes are paid in Spain (within the EU) you should not be charged any further taxes or duty. Yesmoke were selling their tabs from a bonded warehouse, no duty paid anywhere, in the hope that customs would deem them too small a value to be arsed chasing it up.
    Of course in the tradition of Irish anti-transparency they just decided to make it worthwhile by charging more duty than the price of a packet of fags in the local spar. I wonder, if that is really the duty on a packet of ciggies, can the tobacco companies be done for below cost selling? But I digress.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,386 ✭✭✭EKRIUQ

Originally posted by Sarsfield
    I stopped smoking a few years ago.

It feels great. 3 cheers for Allen Carr and his book "The Easy Way to Stop Smoking"

:D

Cheers from me too off them 4 years now:D

• Moderators, Regional North West Moderators Posts: 19,124 Mod ✭✭✭✭byte
    byte

So, has anyone taken teh chance and ordered from Discountsmoking?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,637 ✭✭✭joePC

order 200 cigs from yesmoke I got 80 so I think customs got them...........dam irish rip off....

Thanks joePC

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,016 ✭✭✭✭vibe666

seriously, go on your holiers and post back a dozen boxes to yourself and some to some friends ina different part of the country, it'll pay for the holiday in itself.\\then make sure you're knackered and deep in conversation when you come back through customs so they don't pay any attention to you and don't find the 20 boxes of fags in your luggage. :D

when i was living in tenerife i used to kn ow a guy who came out 3 or 4 times a year for a week at a time. he had asuitcase and a holdall. one that fitted inside the case on the way out which had a couple of pairs of shorts and tshirts in it, and on the way back the case was full to the brim of fags and nothing else, with the bag over his shoulder.

he reckoned that his little business of selling the fags to his mates paid for the trips. according to him he wasn't caught once. his 'secret' was to get off his face 24 hours before he was due to fly so he was very hung over when he got to customs and they always left him alone.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,710 ✭✭✭MojoMaker

You can order today from www.smokesdirect.com which is an EU company selling duty-paid cigarettes from Spain, so no extra taxes apply. Works out about €3.50 a pack but considering the increase just the other day to €6.25 per pack here it's still good value and for once the operation is legit. The cigarettes have the Spanish duty paid sticker on the pack itself, irrefutable proof.

• Moderators, Regional North West Moderators Posts: 19,124 Mod ✭✭✭✭byte
    byte

Originally posted by MojoMaker
    You can order today from www.smokesdirect.com which is an EU company selling duty-paid cigarettes from Spain, so no extra taxes apply. Works out about €3.50 a pack but considering the increase just the other day to €6.25 per pack here it's still good value and for once the operation is legit. The cigarettes have the Spanish duty paid sticker on the pack itself, irrefutable proof.

Have you ordered from them? Discountsmoking.net claim the same as above.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,710 ✭✭✭kaisersose77

that smokesdirect site looks dodgy, the way u cant add anything to a basket etc. And there Recommended by Smokers Club of Great Britain and by the Cigarette Club of Spain lol, but discountsmoking is probably just as dodgy. I posted the discountsmoking link after a friend asked me about getting cheap cigarettes on the net and this site came into my head, i was sure that i read about it here but i searched the name and nothing came up. I dont even smoke myself so i wont be the first to try it out.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 682 ✭✭✭kevinmcc

Another site is Europe Cigarettes

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,027 ✭✭✭alleepally

Just picking up this thread and seeing if anyone has got any cigs in by post. I ordered from allsmoke.com a few months back. Package eventually came but was empty with a note from customs that they were confiscated. Didn't get any option to pay duty even and at least not lose out on having paid for the cigs in the first place.

Anyone going to the states soon? I'd gladly pay a premium if you would pick up a carton of Marlboro reds for me. Love the US reds, they're totally different to what we get here, sigh...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,266 ✭✭✭✭Sleepy

I've given up the fags by now but I ordered from www.discountsmoking.net while I did smoke. They arrived about 2/3 months after I ordered them but they did arrive. They'd been checked by customs which delayed them but I got no letter informing that I owed duty etc... so it must be legal.

Advertisement