Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Mini IQCL

Options
  • 30-08-1999 2:11pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 880 ✭✭✭

Ser said something about running an IQCL. Well how about a small 4 team one, CW, INC, DK, Scope, this weekend.

Suggested Rules:
    No johnny foreigners.
    Use indigo and tinet servers.
    Maximum 1 or 2 lpbs per team.
    Everyone plays each other twice on Saturday. Top 2 play a final on Sunday. (Rapture rules)

Dunno about maps. All Dm3 I should think cos of the lpb/hpb mix.

If it works out and there are no stupid 4v2 games, then the next one can include new teams.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,207 ✭✭✭MindPhuck

Yes, Good idea Von. I knew you were good for something besides buying the pints tongue.gif

Ill get INC in gear and well be on-line. What time ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 411 ✭✭H_K

yeh, good idea.
    But We'd need somehow to play LPB, like me and ser :/

Ill tell the leds!

Pat

hehe it amazes me how, all the roundabout threads quake, non quake related and arguments get so much attention, and now, the test to see who IS the best clan in Ireland (on the day wink.gif is here !
    CMON ! SHOW SOME ENTHUSIASM ! smile.gif

DK, INC and CW are in !

scobe, where are ye?

MP, i think itd be cool to put this in ur events page - i'm sure u can come up with a cool name smile.gif

Pat

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 hehir

Does this mean i can play for DK? Admins please take time to think about your respone, as I have been keeping my head relatively low atm, please please please let meh play...
    Dave

• Registered Users Posts: 861 ✭✭✭Slosh

No

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,341 ✭✭✭Koopa

H-K, 2 of scobes team (overlord and jay) cant play as they arent in UL yet.. the third (bunny) needs to negotiate a computer..

anyway modem wars are crap, can we do this in nethouse on friday or something?
    scobe will definitely play at qp-2, as we will have our full team and it will be LAN.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,134 ✭✭✭Chaos

nethouse suxs

www.gibworld.com/chaos
    DK 0wns U

• Closed Accounts Posts: 225 ✭✭earthworm_jim

Hey Koops,

modem play certainly does suck, but the other teams are spread out over the country and getting to the nethouse is a pain. Playing a net mini-league for fun (possibly on a regular/monthly basis) is a great way to get back into some competitive teamplay. I'll maintain a league table on CIE.

If SCOBE can't make it this week, then that's ok. The other 3 teams can still compete for "clan of the month". SCOBE can compete in another mini-iqcl when the colleges start back.

Sound ok?

http://www.spinsol.com/cie
    "Please support the Challenge-IE DNS purchase fund"

well yeah, modem wars arent the best, but not every contest has to be played on a LAN...
    devore's in scobe isnt he, and if dosent play, someone could play from his place mebe?
    overlord could get a pace modem perhaps somewhere...or bunny could get into trin?
    heh im just makin it all up, but cmon theres gotta be some way to get a team !

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,341 ✭✭✭Koopa

yeah cool

scobe might have a team, but i havent talked to the lads yet so i dont know.

it definitely will not be our main team though, as overlord and jay are not in plassey, jay is working i think, while overlord is in the bog somewhere and gets a 400 ping

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 225 ✭✭earthworm_jim

That's the spirit!

Hey von, your email addy is out of date - gizza mail will ya?

This sounds really promising. Im looking forward to it now smile.gif

NNgh, we cant get into Clouds office, so me + Ser mightnt be LPB, but still, well keep searchin smile.gif

• Closed Accounts Posts: 880 ✭✭✭Von

Connects should be as equal as possible, and since most of us are hpbs, max 1 lpb per team will have to be the rule. 2 lpbs on a team against 4 hpbs would just make too much of a difference.

Yes modem wars do suck but more convenient and less costly than lans.

Another thing is lag on indigo is pretty bad on saturday afternoons so we'll have to see how it goes.

I'll do up a schedule when there is a 4th team confirmed.

[This message has been edited by Von (edited 01-09-99).]

• Closed Accounts Posts: 61 ✭✭johnoo

Von,
    4P?? We are interested in this and I have only seen this post now smile.gif. Is it too late or what?

john

If scobe (or us) can't get 4 and you can then you are in.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 496 ✭✭Bunny

I doubt me, ser, beast, jay or ol(?) can play

Will have to postpone this til for a week at least, til people are more ready.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,657 ✭✭✭OSiriS

I should be able to play from 2 weeks on...

www.csn.ul.ie/~osiris

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,074 ✭✭✭damo

why bother postponing? i mean its not like its an official tournament to decide who the best clan in ireland is, you may as well just see it through von, see if it ****s up or whatever so when the "real" thing comes around you'll be more prepared

• Advertisement

Why not let 4p play instead of SCOBE ? Chances are we will be the softer team but thats the only way we will get better pals.

Thanks a MILL,
    [4p.johnjo]

• Registered Users Posts: 574 ✭✭✭ste

whats the craic with 4PELS not being allowd play ?

It is a Mini Irish Quake League,

and your letting INC in, 4P beat INC the other night (we aint braggin) in a game so it cant be because we aint good enuf,

we got renowned college players so it cant be because we're all wee *muppets*

and we're HIP so let us DIG with IT MAN!

Wow, Amazing 4p won a match. Wooopdephucking doo!

For the record :
    You had 2 Lpbs, we had none.
    Lag sux these days even more then before.
    We had Spoonman who played his first match for us.
    Damo dissed for 10 mins, it was 4v3!
    It was a practice match if I remember well!

Secondly, if this is a mini IQCL Who said 4p cant play?? They ARE good enuf and where the phuck are CW these days? 4p Are playing more then them. No offence to anyone intended, but 4p should be playing if anything!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,074 ✭✭✭damo

jesus ste, you KNOW that game was a farce.....like.....NNNNYEEEIGGHHHH BAIIII

yes let 4p enter......they are just LOOKING for slaps

damo

P.S

MP - a correction

i think i played for five minutes(not ten) and when i was playing, i had a 999 ping

• Registered Users Posts: 574 ✭✭✭ste

jeeeeppers

take it easy
    "
    Wow, Amazing 4p won a match. Wooopdephucking doo!
    For the record :
    You had 2 Lpbs, we had none.
    Lag sux these days even more then before.
    We had Spoonman who played his first match for us.
    Damo dissed for 10 mins, it was 4v3!
    It was a practice match if I remember well!
    "

All of those things eric ...

I said

"
    4P beat INC the other night (we aint braggin) in a game so it cant be because we aint good enuf,
    "

The point I was making was that we do have the ability and we DO play, all of us ... lots

Would I have fukking said "we aint braggin" otherwise ?

Jeeeeepers this on-the-defensive attitude just sucks so bad ...

WhY cAnT wE aLl JuSt GeT aLoNg ?!?

Lads,
    This going ahead or what? We have 4 clans by the looks of things...

John

• Closed Accounts Posts: 411 ✭✭Jay

SCOBE challenge the winners.

Advertisement