Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

simple image manipulation

Options
  • 29-10-2003 6:38pm
    Registered Users Posts: 20,975 ✭✭✭✭

want to a bit of very simple image manipulation (going through an image pixel by pixel and doing a simple mathematical formula on each pixel, basically swapping rgb bits.) This might be possible with something like the gimp, does anyone have a bit of program code (in any language) that can do this? Tried writing it in java (my primary language), but java's image io libraries are really complicated. Might see about doing it in php if noone has any quick suggestions.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 304 ✭✭Zaltais

ImageMagick should be well able to handle this - it has API's in Java, PHP, Perl, Python & C (at least) - I've never used it for this exact type of manipulation, but I'd be surprised if it couldn't handle it...

AFAIK The GIMP also has API's in a couple of languages, but I've never used it...

• Registered Users Posts: 19,396 ✭✭✭✭Karoma

Originally posted by k.oriordan
    want to a bit of very simple image manipulation (going through an image pixel by pixel and doing a simple mathematical formula on each pixel, basically swapping rgb bits.)

hmmmm. "simplemathematical forumla" = LSB? :)
    if so, i've done it in JAVA. pm me if you want code..

Advertisement