Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Graphics Engine

Options
  • 29-10-2003 9:26pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 390 ✭✭

Hi all,

Well i am doing a game for my final year project and i want to get a good reliable graphics engine for it. The focus of the project is the artificial intelligence so i want to spend as little time as possible on the graphics. I have tried googling but to be honest i don't know which engines out there are reliable. So i was looking for some advise or directions to good engines that i can do my project with.

Cheers
    roar_ie

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,281 ✭✭✭DeadBankClerk

quake or quake 2?

• Registered Users Posts: 95 ✭✭Mr.StRiPe

Quake II is better than Quake as you can write your AI code in C rather that QuakeC which can be quite limiting.

Have a look at this for more details.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 390 ✭✭roar_ie

I probably should have mentioned it will be a real-time strategy game. Would the quake2 engine still be appropriate? Thanks alot for the replies lads.

roar_ie

• Registered Users Posts: 2,281 ✭✭✭DeadBankClerk

You could have a look on happypenguin.org for a nice rts and take that engine?

Advertisement