Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Does Ireland have online gaming?

Options
  • 29-10-2003 9:34pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,156 ✭✭✭

im just wondering.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 26,578 ✭✭✭✭Creamy Goodness

there is a few ppl playing online from ireland but most play cs and play on english servers.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,357 ✭✭✭secret_squirrel

errrmm..see about half a dozen of the other forums here....

• Registered Users Posts: 8,718 ✭✭✭Matt Simis

Originally posted by Cr3m0
    there is a few ppl playing online from ireland but most play cs and play on english servers.

A few? CS? This isnt 2001. What a very parochial view you have. I thought this was some sort of joke question, but I guess not. :rolleyes:

I would imagine there are thousands of Irish people playing games of some sort or another online.

Matt

• Registered Users Posts: 12,169 ✭✭✭✭Sangre

O..oonnliinee....whaaa???

• Registered Users Posts: 3,055 ✭✭✭suppafly

Originally posted by Zhane
    im just wondering.

where r u from like?!!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,313 ✭✭✭bus77

Maybe he(or she) was talking about online x-box ect.
    If so, then yes.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 833 ✭✭✭Stormfox1020

Like many people i know, he is probably just found out about it all, most of my friends dont know what broadband is and wouldnt go near a PC in their lives. they just stick to their consoles and Offline gaming :/

• Registered Users Posts: 11,987 ✭✭✭✭zAbbo

online gayming is my life

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,163 ✭✭✭Emboss

don't mind all that CS poo

street fighter is the way forward man!!!

i'm so old :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 106 ✭✭Falgorn

Anyone genuinely interested in playing on Irish servers or on foreign servers as part of an Irish group feel free to message me and i'll get back to you with IP's. Getting broadband this week (bless the free modem and first month deal) and will be playing most popular FPS (except counter strike)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,046 ✭✭✭Dustaz

Originally posted by Comic store Guy
    Anyone genuinely interested in playing on Irish servers or on foreign servers as part of an Irish group feel free to message me and i'll get back to you with IP's. Getting broadband this week (bless the free modem and first month deal) and will be playing most popular FPS (except counter strike)

Or alternatively you could consult the relevant forums for information about the large irish gaming scene instead of a relative newcomer.

On boards.ie there are forums for CS, Quake, UT, RTCW/ET, Battlefield1942 etc etc . All up there under the 'games' heading.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,048 ✭✭✭BKtje

Only reason most of my m8s know what broadband is is cos i told em i got something that will dload mp3's much faster than what they got and cos of xbox live :p

• Registered Users Posts: 16,666 ✭✭✭✭astrofool

Still a small tfc scene, which was ravaged when iol nolimits went down.

competing in ectfc against all the other countries, been struggling just to get 8 irish players tho, alot are english with irish lineage. http://ectfc.far2cool.com has details on the competition.

Also ReaveR ( http://www.reaver.org ) is an irish clan and probably top 4/5 in europe depending on form.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,668 ✭✭✭String

im getting xbox live and i play cs online and other hl mods :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 106 ✭✭Falgorn

Just trying to lend a hand to people that may be a bit newer than me. And just cos im new to boards.ie doesn't mean im new to online gaming either.. played a lot of MOHAA online and thought i could offer some help.

Peace out.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,348 ✭✭✭Ryo Hazuki

whats a gayme?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 833 ✭✭✭Stormfox1020

maybe he meant to say megay? :confused:

Advertisement