Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Net & Calls with UTV what should happen when number is moved???

Options
  • 29-10-2003 11:28pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 3,357 ✭✭✭

I have my dialup and calls with UTVip and line rental with Eircon. All fine and dandy. So I move house taking my phone number with me. I give UTV a call as well to let them know and they say they will have to re-register the fact that my net/calls are with them.

Eircom send me a new contract coz the address has changed (seems like overkill to me)..signed and returned asap.

So far so good..until I get my bill from UTV...only the dial up charges show, until about 1 month after I returned my contract to Eircom, then my voice calls show up as well.

Next thing eircom bill shows up with 6-7 weeks of voice calls on it. Same week get the standard notification of 'calls being billed by another provider' letter from eircom.

So my questions are these:

Should I lose my cheaper calls just coz I've moved house (but kept the number)

If so is there any SLA regarding how long it should take Eircom to process a transfer request?

Has this situation happened to anyone else?

Who (if anyone) is at fault here? (besides me obviously for moving :)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 28,867 ✭✭✭✭_Kaiser_

I had a similar experience a while back while on UTVip... turned out that eircom had switched calls back to themselves at some stage without tellin either myself or UTV and started billin me for it.... rang UTV to query and this is how I found out but they were able to sort it again in time for the next bill.

Probably shoulda chased eircom about it, but don't really have 45 minutes to sit on hold/get hung up on/redial etc :( Bit underhanded tho, and technically I was in violation of my UTVip contract too while this was going on.

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 22,821 Mod ✭✭✭✭bk

I have had it worse. At the house I'm renting we are with Esat for phone calls and Eircom for line rental. Another person in the house had their name on the Eircom bill. When that person left the house and the name was changed to my name on the bill. Eircom cancelled my Esat CPS without telling me.

Lets just get this straight:
    The address was the same on the Eircom bill, the phone number was the same and the account number was the same.

The name was the only thing I changed and the charged me e12 to do this and then cancelled my CPS!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,007 ✭✭✭Moriarty

More suited here i fink.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,718 ✭✭✭SkepticOne

Eircom also appear to remove CPS arrangements if you upgrade to 'hi speed' ISDN or downgrade back to PSTN.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,476 ✭✭✭✭Our man in Havana

What right do Eircom have to change your CPS? Do they have any right in law?

• Advertisement
Advertisement