Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Perugia to sign Female player

• 29-10-2003 11:34pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 3,030 ✭✭✭

This post has been deleted.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,013 ✭✭✭✭eirebhoy

I heard this on FM104 earlier on and I thought I was dreaming. Then I thought it was a different Perugia but why would that be on the news. I really can't get over it. Which ever of the two girls signed will be playing against the likes of Inter and Juve. Nesta will be afraid to take the bloody ball off her. If this goes through I will be turning my interest onto the Italian league. Lets hope she's good looking. ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,628 ✭✭✭✭Sand

Who knows she might be good. Cant be any worse than fecking Phil Babb, proffessional defender and millionaire to boot.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40 Busy Hands

This is a crazy idea, there will be uproar when they make their debuts. Which Perugia player would want to be pulled off at half time when the manager tells the athletic Swedish girl to "strip off, you're going on"? Madness.

• Registered Users Posts: 389 ✭✭Aliminator

maybe they're one of those select few poor individuals that got steroids and testosterone tested on them, and look like men; just like the vital sex organs.

how'd the changing room work.
    that's a disgrace and will cause riot with all the equal opportunities campaigners. (i do believe in equal rights, but come on, unleashing a woman with studs on 12 men is not moral. come on, no more shoulder charging for the short guys!)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,981 ✭✭✭Big Ears

women have thier own leagues so this cant be allowd. I mean men arent allowd to play in women's leagues.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,030 ✭✭✭smiaras

Originally posted by smiaras
    The birds in question aren't meant to be bad looking, they're swedish.
    Hanna Ljungberg doesn't look half bad but Victoria Svensson is rotten. There is a big story about Ljungberg and she won the Swedish player of the year so I'd say they will be going for her. Imagine if she was really good, she could be playing for the Swedish mens team.:) I have to agree though this shouldn't be allowed.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,263 ✭✭✭Caesar_Bojangle

I'm sure Fifa rules prohibit this?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,046 ✭✭✭Dustaz

Originally posted by eireboy
    [There is a big story about Ljungberg and she won the Swedish player of the year so I'd say they will be going for her.

Yeah, its here they were going for. This is sort of old news, it surfaced around the time of the womens world cup a month or two ago. It was a windup then and its a windup now.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,472 ✭✭✭Sposs

Hope she does an Ravenelii when she scores :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,580 ✭✭✭uberwolf

ur taste sucks, they're both dirt.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 537 ✭✭✭Oswald Osbourne

Originally posted by smiaras
    I mean who would have a dictator's son playing in your team?

Man United fans didn't seem to mind Darren Ferguson that much.

//

Back on topic : Seeing as it's Perugia one of these women will get signed (if only as a publicity stunt) but I can't see them making the grade physically. They're just weak little girlies who would get their asses kicked by your average Serie A defender given half a chance.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20 (someguy)

dunno about that oswald - Victoria Svensson looks like she would bulldoze any defender who stood in her way ... bit of a manchild

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,046 ✭✭✭Dustaz

Originally posted by Oswald Osbourne
    Man United fans didn't seem to mind Darren Ferguson that much.

rofl :)
    Guratnee its not a wind up,

It didnt happen the first time it was mooted, what makes you think it has more chance of happening now?

(It was the same club and the same player concerned a few months ago)

Originally posted by Dustaz
    (It was the same club and the same player concerned a few months ago)
    I didn't hear anything about this a few months ago but it was probably speculation, this time they are actaully interested and are flying over to Sweden to talk to the two.

Advertisement