Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

TRIBES : Vengeance

Options
  • 30-10-2003 4:10am
    Registered Users Posts: 2,020 ✭✭✭

OK b1tches listen up.

After a sequel that lacked in many ways the various things that gave Tribes 1 it's UMPH. The 3rd title for the PC is 50% complete at present not to be released untill winter 2004 (I THINK). Anyway I post this thread to give people something to taste in anticipation of the full meal. There are 6 released films showing in game play and they are NOT to be missed as well as a wealth of screenshots showing tonnes of neato and coolo sheisse. The new armour sets look fantastic imo. The ragdoll physics seems to be something they are showing off a lot. They especially like showing the guy falling limp out of the sky while his jetpack continues flaring leaving a trail of smoke plummeting out of the sky. From what I've seen it looks like they are recreating the first game only modernising it AND of course including a single player campaign which is not just a little training escapade but a fully immersive storyline experience yadda yadda blah. We all know teh multipaly is teh real reason people will want this beaut. OK I've probably pooploads more to say but I could talk forever about it. Just look at the films and screenys. And if you're one of those lazy people not arsed waiting for screenshots to download you really are missing out as most of the screenshots show stuff not in the films and are of much higher quality.

TribalWar has the screenshots but I don't reccomend downloading the films from them for that go to the homepage itself as they have a better service for resuming etc not that you'll have to since they are rather small with the biggest being 12 megs. I recommend the high quality of course to really see the stuff properly.

Here's the TV homepage for the films and other screenshots which are probably on Tribalwar too. Tribes Vengeance Homepage Click on View Trailer to see the list of all the game videos.

Enjoy.

Ry

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,287 ✭✭✭vac

I remember watching the tribes 2 movies before it was released, thought it looked great... till i bought the game.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,046 ✭✭✭Dustaz

Yeh, i just cant get exiteded about vengeance untill i play the demo that they say they will release.

Tribes2 soured me in oh so many ways.

Having said that if its anything like as good as t1, then WOO WOO :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,031 ✭✭✭El Marco

hmm, I was really looking forward to this game, but after seeing the video preveiws I'm not that impressed. Then again, you can't go by preveiws.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,984 ✭✭✭Venom

Every game that has boasted abouts its kick ass ragdoll physics, once released has been pretty crappy thus far. I dont care how someone drops dead, I just want a fun game.

And no ****ing mutant spiders in it.

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 14,080 Mod ✭✭✭✭monument

Originally posted by Venom
    Every game that has boasted abouts its kick ass ragdoll physics, once released has been pretty crappy thus far. I dont care how someone drops dead, I just want a fun game.

And no ****ing mutant spiders in it.

The physics in Max Payne look good, at least the most apparent I’ve noticed to date.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,145 ✭✭✭_CreeD_

Looks like it might be fun, the soundtrack sucks though, I hope they're just quickies for the promo videos.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,020 ✭✭✭Ry

Well I too was peaved by T2 but I'm very confident TV will be a remake of the first since they've employed some of the players to help them get the same feel back into it. I think if you watch the termin8 film you can see they are trying to rekindle the T1 feel. That's why I'm pretty sure it will kick ass since they are trying to avoid number 2's physics etc. As for soundtrack I highly doubt the songs in the films are gonna stick! Have you SEEN the screenshots of the armour classes. Diamond Sword look superb! not to mention those Lion Head guys omfugggaugaga!112

Ry

Advertisement