Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Network+ Exam (has anyone done it?) + MCSE/MCP question

Options
  • 30-10-2003 11:04am
    Registered Users Posts: 352 ✭✭

Has anybody done the Network+ exam lately?

And if so, have you got any tips on what to watch out for?

Also could anyone explain the whole MCSE/MCP thing - which comes first / how does somebody progress through the Microsoft training and how much do the exams cost?

Comments

• Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators Posts: 11,121 Mod ✭✭✭✭MarkR

Didn't do the test yet, poor as a church mouse! Just watch out as there are two different formats, with different strategies..

• Registered Users Posts: 5,406 ✭✭✭ando

you need 7 MCP's to become a MCSE (microsoft certified systems engineer)

• Registered Users Posts: 352 ✭✭davil

Originally posted by Legbreaker
    two different formats, with different strategies..

i.e. .....................

Any more info on that for me legbreaker?

7 MCPS to become MCSE certified, but are there final MCSE exams because I foolishly went and got a book for MCSE on Windows XP Professional a while back and I would like to know whether or not I can do that exam or do I have to go and do me 7 MCPs first?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,406 ✭✭✭ando

no you cannot skip Mcps. You need to get 7 mcps to become a systems engineer. Took me a over a year! working and studying.... argh

Each mcp cost as far as I remember about 100 quid each. If you fail you do not get your money back

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,163 ✭✭✭Emboss

there is different paths you can take now like mcsa etc....

most of them are bullshi* and teach you very little

4 core mcp's and A+ and/or Server+ network+ will get you MCSA

most mcse's don't know the difference between a hub and a honda 50 don't rely on these to get you a job....

The network + exam isn't very difficult....it doesn't go past basic networking

TIP: same way as you learn anything else get your hands dirty

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators Posts: 11,121 Mod ✭✭✭✭MarkR

As far as I can remember there are two formats, can't remember the terms. One was shorter, with fewer questions, but you can't go back to change your answers. Other format longer, more questions, but you can change your answers.

Mark

Advertisement