Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Phantom Quiz

Options
  • 30-10-2003 11:32am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 5

Hi All,
    Went along to the quiz last night for the first time and was well impressed with the organisation- nice set up with the score board and picture round and the quizmaster was really good- Tommy Browne was it? Quick collection of the sheets after each round and the corrections were fast. So well done to everyone involved.
    That said, I've a few gripes:

I thought there were too many questions based on very recent indie rock releases. For example, does anyone actually listen to Paddy Casey? How in the love of God is someone expected to listen to his crap Gray impersonation never mind recognise his latest release from a 3 second snip?
    The winners had 54 out of 85 questions, approximately. That's 63%...which to me indicates that the quiz was too difficult.
    Statistically speaking, a winning team should be in the 80-95% range in a normal distribution.
    I can remember 2 questions from the '60s- The Velvets and The Beatles- there may have been a few more but not that many. Seeing as it was the golden age of rock music, maybe a few more wouldn't have gone astray?
    Also some really ridiculously easy questions- who are Nick Cave's backing band? Why ask that- who wouldn't know that?
    And then you have a picture of Peaches who maybe 3% of the people there last night had heard of, never mind would recognise from a picture.
    So to sum up, I think the quiz was over biased towards recent indie rock with little variation. A few obscure questions are good but when you call out the answer to a number of questions and people look blankly at you, there's something wrong with the questions.
    Besides all that, well done.
    Adios for now mi amigos,
    Paco

Advertisement