Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Please help!!!

• 30-10-2003 11:32am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 6,598 ✭✭✭

i've got a friend, and he needs some advice

he's 18
    wants to move back to dublin from germany
    he has a very good leaving cert
    wants to get a job here
    has the possibility of freeish short term accomadation here

what job could he get which wud pay decent money fast so he could get on his feet here?????? (not IT or prostitution pref.)

he is an impossing well turned out young man with a good head on his shoulders, any advice would be great.

not much work experience tho, only supermarket stuff, but he is a vibrant young go-getter, come on people, give the man a chance.

cheers,

ferdi.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,264 ✭✭✭RicardoSmith

Work in a bar or on building site. Hard but you'll get money quickly.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,598 ✭✭✭Yavvy

telesales , they will hire anyone with a bit of energy

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,442 ✭✭✭embraer170

Surely someone with a good LC should get something better than building work?

I things are fairly bad in this country for people without 3rd level qualifications, but not that bad.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,890 ✭✭✭embee

Conduit are always recruiting. At the moment theyre recruiting for their Bord Gais helpdesk. They do customer services and directory enquiries. I worked with them for a year and they paid better than any telesales ever will. Theyre handy enough to get to (East Point Business Park, Dublin 3) and you can do shifts so youll have days off during the week etc.

Give em a bell at 01 - 8190000.

Failing that, try ICT. Its telesales. Its a hard slog but there is scope to make a lot of money. Like Conduit, theyre always recruiting. Theyre also in East Point Business Park so easy enough to get to. Their working hours are 12-9 Mon- Fri and every second Sat 10am-4pm.

Call them on 01-8654000.

Its always good to have Call Centre experience on your CV for you to build on.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 222 ✭✭The Second

telesales , they will hire anyone with a bit of energy

this is true... I recommend Vodafone .. but O2 seem to be gagging for staff... they hire anyone over the age of 16!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 47 PalerPaul

Try the job database on Fas.ie. This will give jobs for him to start off on and maybe after a while something better. I found their site quite impressive. Also www.gradireland.com. I know they are predominantly for graduates but they do have alot of jobs you dont need a one of those you go to college for thingies. Eh, it'll come to me later. But yeah try them out.

Advertisement