Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Settler: Hard Won, Hardwired

Options
  • 30-10-2003 11:55am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 71 ✭✭

Here's a bit of blurb about Settler's new album. The launch for this album is in the Lower Deck on November 13th. There will be freebies at the door. There will also be some special guests.

Fairview House Recordings

Hard Won, Hardwired
    Settler

November 2003

Hard Won, Hardwired is the second album by Dublin band Settler. It is available now from Tower Records, Dublin, Road Records, Fade Street, Dublin, or online from www.roadrecs.com.

Following the release and critical acclaim of the first album, Life Upstream, in January 2003, the band decided to immediately start writing and recording again. All songs were recorded and mixed by Andrew “Asteroid” Lyster in Lunar Sonics studios, Dalkey.

Featuring songs about saliva, depression, violence, middle-class anxiety, love, hate and other light hearted subjects, Hard Won, Hardwired is a typically paranoid-cheerful affair from this Dublin five-piece, and marks a move from previous folkish musical leanings into other not-so-folkish musical leanings. It's all about the leanings - though it still dances around the alt country campfire occasionally, it also courts the elusive lady melody and her noisy indie chambermaids.

Settler are Derek McCormack, Wil McDermott, Fiona O’Connor, Tim O’Donovan and Michael Stevens. A debut EP, Settler, was released on Mango Music in 2001, followed by Life Upstream on Fairview House Recordings in 2003.

email: settlersite@yahoo.com
    web site: www.settlersite.com
    see also: www.lunarsonics.com

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 702 ✭✭✭roxy

And will the indie chambermaids be present in portobello on the 13th? Introduce me, won't you? I'd like to join their group. Is it a bit like the Freemasons? Do I get my own parking space and stuff?

Bump.

:rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 71 ✭✭snakybus

Yes.

I will.

Very good.

It is.

You do.

And it's this thursday.

Oh right.

some more details:

doors: 8pm
    price: 10 euros, plus you get an album with that

Also playing:

Richer Than Astronauts
    House of Mexico

ring-a-ding-dong

*bump*

• Advertisement

Oh Sanky honey, you've a lot to learn about bumping.

The word bump should never enter the post. That's cheap. Even for you. It's much better to just write some random ****. That way no one suspects a thing.

Like this, see?

• Registered Users Posts: 154 ✭✭²°°³webkev²°°³

good luck settler!!

I saw your video on No Disco..
    and your keyboard guy was my tutor..

I'll be looking out for yer album :)

Advertisement