Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Esat BT Business ADSL

• 30-10-2003 1:07pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,628 ✭✭✭

Due to netsource being well twats,We are moving over to Esat Bt Business ADSL. What I was wondering was how long does it take from order to installation to activation?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,862 ✭✭✭flamegrill

Asok, I wouldn't be at all supprised if it takes 8-12 weeks.

it'll take 20 days to discontinue netsource on the line, unless you use another line. And typically Esat take 6-8 weeks to get it in.

Be prepaired to wait though, it is worth waiting for :)

it's uber fast.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,427 ✭✭✭ando

yeah that package your getting is the best DSL you can get in Eire

When I left Netsource, it was 10days before netsource disconnected me, then I was on dial up for over a month until I finally got Eircom Dsl installed

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,628 ✭✭✭Asok

Oh crap thats a long time

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 863 ✭✭✭Jilm

What I was wondering was how long does it take from order to installation to activation?
    It took 4 months for EsatBT to install the business ADSL for me (back in February), activation was immediate after that. I've had consistently low pings, high DL speeds and no downtime (cept for them messing up the line unbundling),

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,059 ✭✭✭BKtje

I can't comment on getting netsource removed on the line but i got it 2 months ago and it took 4 weeks (they even apologised for the delay but there was some problem with the line they had ti get eircom to fix). Im in Dublin. Someone else in Galway also had a 4week wait.

Ring Esat before u cancel with Netsource. Maybe they can get the paper work started before u get disconnected.
    Dont know if tis possible but just an idea.

• Advertisement
Advertisement