Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Xbox Live with a USB modem?

Options
  • 30-10-2003 1:18pm
    Registered Users Posts: 27,322 ✭✭✭✭

Could someone give me a step by step guide for a technically minded idiot (me) to exactly what I need to go to get Live running with my USB modem? Cheers.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,668 ✭✭✭String

is this a broadband usb modem?

• Registered Users Posts: 27,322 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

Yup - NTL Cable.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,048 ✭✭✭BKtje

i was under the impression u needed an ethernet modem for it to work? I could very easily be wrong as i know sfa about the xbox and xbox live.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,668 ✭✭✭String

i dont really know go to the irish xbox live section on xbox.com and it will tell u, because xbox live just officialy launched in Ireland

• Closed Accounts Posts: 136 ✭✭Dasilva94

Originally posted by super_furry
    Could someone give me a step by step guide for a technically minded idiot (me) to exactly what I need to go to get Live running with my USB modem? Cheers.

You need to install a NIC card in your PC, enable Internet Connection Sharing in Windows, then connect the Xbox to the PC using crossover cat5 cable.

• Advertisement
Advertisement