Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Problem installing network card

Options
  • 30-10-2003 1:21pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,509 ✭✭✭

just after installing windows 2000 in a machine and now im trying to install a d link network card.
    i get an error message during the installation. or is it after i cant remember but this is it.

Windows- Driver entry point not found

The \SystemRoot\system32\drivers\dlkrts.sys device driver could not locate the entry point interlockedPopEntrySList in driver ntoskrnl.exe (dlkrts.sys is the driver for the card)

anyone have any idea what that means?
    i get that message when i reboot aswell. i get a blue screen and it says that.

i think it cud be the driver i got off the net for it because the card was working grand in a windows ME machine earlier that day.
    hope ye can help me out,

(also im looking for a cheap network card, check out the FS forum)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 458 ✭✭shurl

Hey Tiesto,

What model NIC is it?

Looks/sounds like its a prob with the drivers though.
    And I remember having a very similar prob with D-link drivers in W2K a while ago.

Simon

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,509 ✭✭✭Tiesto

hey Shurl
    its dfe 538 tx
    I got the drivers from the manufactuters web site.
    tryed drivers from other sites aswell.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,393 ✭✭✭Eurorunner

so there is no solution. Ahwell :(

• Registered Users Posts: 458 ✭✭shurl

Crap, sorry Tiesto.

Didn't get a chance last night.

I'll have a look later.!

S.

• Advertisement

thanks

so there is no solution. Ahwell

There was no solution posted in the case of the google groups thread but thats not to say you cant find a solution:)

I would suggest going the tech support route - if they're any good, they will at the very least be aware of this problem and can give an accurate answer ref. poss. solution.

good luck.

or OR, i cud just buy a net network card for 11 euro including delivery in the wanted forum :)

yes, thats another way to deal with it.:)

But a short email may still be worth the effort all the same. Clearly, they are aware of it as indicated here

thanks alot
    there is a link from that site to drivers for it
    that were released in 2003 sep
    so hopefully they shud work.

• Advertisement
Advertisement