Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Toyota Yaris Safety

Options
  • 30-10-2003 2:26pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 39

My girlfriend is in the process of buying a second hand car. She has got it into her head that she wants a Toyota Yaris (because it looks nice). I can't find any difinitive safety review worth talking about. Has anyone any experience good or bad that I should know about??

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,848 ✭✭✭✭Doctor J

Check out Euro ncap - they're the crash test people.

The Yaris scored the highest of all the small cars. Just stay away from the Rover 100 (the new version of the Metro) - judging by the score it got, you'd be safer in a cardboard box :D

I'm torn between a Yaris and a Hyundai Getz meself, they both do well on safety.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 10,563 Mod ✭✭✭✭Robbo

Originally posted by Doctor J
    Just stay away from the Rover 100 (the new version of the Metro) - judging by the score it got, you'd be safer in a cardboard box :D
    Of course the Rover 100 was introduced at the start of the 90s and has since been replaced by the City Rover, the new version of the new version of the Metro...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,848 ✭✭✭✭Doctor J

Well I'd stay away from that one too!

Advertisement