Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

[ Official EA/Dice ] Battlefield 1942 v1.5 Patch

Options
  • 30-10-2003 2:28pm
    Registered Users Posts: 14,761 ✭✭✭✭

I am expecting the v1.5 patch for Battlefield to be released possibly tomorrow or within a week. This is just an update of what is coming and also that the v1.5 Linux server was released [See below]. Below is an update of whats expected in v1.5
    Battlefield v1.5 Patch info

This patch is primarily a content upgrade which modifies the Japanese and US forces in the Pacific Theater. It also introduces a new map for the Pacific. This patch also includes a fix for the CD-Swapping issue introduced with 1.45.

Pacific Theater Update
    New US Marine Skin
    New Engineer Rifles - M1 Garand/Type 5
    New Japanese APC - Type 1 "Ho-Ha"
    New Japanese Scout Car - Type 95 "Black Medal"

New Map
    Invasion of the Philippines
    In this new conquest map for Battlefield 1942, naval warfare and infantry island invasions take center stage in a raging firefight for the Philippines Islands. The shallow water between the islands act as a barrier to the invading Japanese Destroyer, but is no problem for the fast patrol craft used by either side. In some cases, islands are so close together that infantry can wade between them.

The Invasion of the Philippines map introduces two new vehicles: the Elco 80 PT Boat for the US Marines and the Type 38 coastal craft for the Japanese. These fast patrol craft are the most heavily armed for their size in either navy packing torpedoes, machineguns and sea mines into one pint-sized warcraft. With their size, speed and manueverability they bring naval warfare into knife-fighting range. From fast naval action to beach invasions to fierce jungle combat, Invasion of the Philippines brings a new intensity to the battlefield.

Bug Fix
    CD-Swapping

Impact on MODS
    Following is a list of changes which might impact mods currently in development:
    New Animation State - ClipEject. Allows proper reload animation for M1 Garand (which cannot be reloaded until it's empty).
    New Projectile Material - Both M1 Garand and Type 5 rifle use a new material in the damage system.
    New Army Skin - US Pacific Theater Army changed to US Marine.
    New Armour Material - PT Boats and dinghys.

Community Update #33
    Greetings from the Battlefield 1942 team.

We’d like to thank all of you for your continued patience and interest in the upcoming 1.5 patch. We’re sorry to say that this community update is to let you know that the patch won’t make it out this week.

The reason for the delay is that we want to make sure that it reaches you in top condition and that the cd swap fix we've been working on has proven trickier than first anticipated. The rest of the bug fixes are in place and The Invasion of the Philippines map is just about ready to go. It will be well worth the wait, we promise.

Thanks again to all of you for your continued support and enthusiasm for Battlefield 1942.

EAComMike and the rest of the Battlefield team

List of Windows v1.5 patch mirros can be found here below!

icon-Tux.gifLinux Server
    Linux Server 1.5 is mostly a content patch but also fixes the annoying cd swapping bug. The Linux server is mostly unchanged but I've tweaked the way the static binary is linked and hopefully it should work better. The XPack2 (Secret Weapons) files are included, as is the new Invasion of the Philippines map (minus textures). Please note that this is a very early release, the win32 version is due out sometime this week.
    - Linux Server homepage

» http://www.fileplanet.com/dl.aspx?/planetbattlefield/news/bf1942_lnxded-1.5.tar.bz2 i] Fileplanet [/i
    » http://bf1942.lightcubed.com/dist/ i] Dice/LightCubed - Download List[/i
    » http://bf1942.lightcubed.com/dist/bf1942_lnxded-1.5.tar.bz2 i] Dice/LightCubed - Direct Download Link[/i

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,136 ✭✭✭Pugsley

Looking good :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 157 ✭✭BenH

And its now up for subscribers.

45 megs for the incremental

145 megs for the full

• Registered Users Posts: 14,761 ✭✭✭✭Winters

Here is what EA have to say:
    Battlefield 1942 1.5 Patch/Philippine Islands Map
    ~ Map Description ~~

In this new conquest map for Battlefield 1942, naval warfare and infantry island invasions take center stage in a raging firefight for the Philippine Islands. The shallow water between the islands act as a barrier to the invading Japanese Destroyer, but is no problem for the fast patrol craft used by either side. In some cases, islands are so close together that infantry can wade between them.

The Invasion of the Philippines map introduces two new vehicles: the Elco 80 PT Boat for the US Marines and the Type 38 coastal craft for the Japanese. These fast patrol craft are the most heavily armed for their size in either navy packing torpedoes, machineguns and sea mines into one pint-sized warcraft. With their size, speed and manueverability they bring naval warfare into knife-fighting range.

From fast naval action to beach invasions to fierce jungle combat, Invasion of the Philippines brings a new intensity to the battlefield.

Both updates include the v1.5 update and also the new Philippines Island map!

icon-Windows.gifBattlefield 1942 v1.5 (Full, 145mb)
    » ftp://largedownloads.ea.com/pub/patches/battlefield_1942_patch_1.5.exe i] Official EA [/i
    » http://www.fileplanet.com/files/110000/112888.shtml i] Fileplanet [/i
    » http://www.bf42.com/index.php?site=file&id=85 i] BF42.com [/i
    » http://www.ausgamers.com/files/details/html/9062 i] Ausgamers [/i
    » http://www.bf1942.net/index.php?page=download.php&action=filenotes&id=1561 i] Jolt.co.uk [/i
    » http://gamefiles.blueyonder.co.uk/blueyondergames/battlefield1942/patches/win32/bf1942_patch_1.5.exe i] Blueyonder [/i

icon-Windows.gifBattlefield 1942 v1.45 to v1.5 (Incremental, 45.8mb)
    » ftp://largedownloads.ea.com/pub/patches/battlefield_1942_patch_1.45_to_1.5.exe i] Official EA [/i
    » http://www.fileplanet.com/files/120000/125826.shtml i] Fileplanet [/i
    » http://www.bf42.com/index.php?site=file&id=86 i] BF42.com [/i
    » http://www.ausgamers.com/files/details/html/9063 i] Ausgamers [/i
    » http://www.bf1942.net/index.php?page=download.php&action=filenotes&id=1560 i] Jolt.co.uk [/i
    » http://gamefiles.blueyonder.co.uk/blueyondergames/battlefield1942/patches/win32/bf1942_patch_1.45_to_1.5.exe i] Blueyonder [/i

icon-Windows.gifBattlefield 1942 v1.5 Server
    Full Server, 104mb
    » ftp://largedownloads.ea.com/pub/patches/battlefield_1942_server_only_1.5.exe i] Official EA [/i
    » http://www.fileplanet.com/files/110000/112886.shtml i] Fileplanet [/i

Incremental Server, 7.8mb
    » ftp://largedownloads.ea.com/pub/patches/battlefield_1942_stand-alone_server_1.45_to_1.5.exe i] Official EA [/i
    » http://www.fileplanet.com/files/120000/129730.shtml i] Fileplanet [/i

Enough mirrors there for you lot to be able to download without having to wait in a line :)

• Registered Users Posts: 14,181 ✭✭✭✭Jim

2 hours 30mins. /me needs bb :(

• Advertisement

Yes but i had the mirrors up here before nearly any community website. You should have been hours ahead :)

I will finish the incremental patch tonight then start on the full patch. I like to have both :)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,460 ✭✭✭shinzon

lets hope the incremental patch isnt as fooked up as the 1.45 was last time

Shin

• Registered Users Posts: 177 ✭✭jow

Hi,
    Originally posted by shinzon
    lets hope the incremental patch isnt as fooked up as the 1.45 was last time

Shin

just installed it. The incremental works ok this time. ;)

Regards,

jow

seems quite good actually and there seems to be a lot less connection problems detected error messages coming up

shin

Originally posted by shinzon
    seems quite good actually and there seems to be a lot less connection problems detected error messages coming up

shin

Thats good to hear. The patch had been delayed about two weeks as they were really trying to get rid of the bugs. The CD thing should be fixed and I know they spent a lot of time working on the Chat lag problems.

Also how is the new map, rifle [M1-Garand] and the US Marines?

*ping* :)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 16,396 ✭✭✭✭kaimera

gahhh..may wait till I ge back to college Monday for the patch.

crap...only got 1.45 a week or two ago :-/

• Registered Users Posts: 3,055 ✭✭✭suppafly

Originally posted by Kaimera
    gahhh..may wait till I ge back to college Monday for the patch.

crap...only got 1.45 a week or two ago :-/

i know how u feel. I just got 1.45 about a week ago and then the same with the dc patch. Only finish d/l the .4j one one tuesday!! Well i guess at least its only 46mb instead of the the huge 550mb one for dc

• Registered Users Posts: 5,398 ✭✭✭ando

any no CD cracks available for this patch yet? The auwlfella is playing the game 1.5 with the cd in his drive, but now I need the cd to play 1.5 at the same time :mad:

Originally posted by ando
    any no CD cracks available for this patch yet? The auwlfella is playing the game 1.5 with the cd in his drive, but now I need the cd to play 1.5 at the same time :mad:

eh ... warez monkey ;) ... Just use the second BF CD, or even a RTR or SW cd. They have fixed the CD bug.

I like the patch. The only big annoyance is that the new map, Invasion of the Philippines does not have single player. A real pity for those of us on 56k. I have just spent the last 40min running around it on my own though :D

The M1-Garand is a great rifle but a problem with it is its only in the Pacific Theater [a.k.a Japs v US Marines] .. it ha yet to make its way into Western Europe, soon hopefully :) . I do love that ping. The Jap rifle is great too, nice even match on them. The new veichles are great. I love those patrol boats with their mines and torpedos. Will prove interesting in online play. Also the new troop carrier for the Japs gives a welcome break from that kraut Homong all the time. Overall the map and its new additions is great, the only letdown is its lack of CO-OP/Single Player support.

From 7 o clock to 8:30PM this evening i enjoyed my first real game of desert combat since the 1.45 patch came out, with the last patch the game was unplayable on uk servers, i got continued connection probs detected messages, on a Barryserver tonight I was on a full 32 player server, only got that error message twice and both times it sorted itself rather than the usual me getting kicked off for lagging out.

hope it was the 1.5 patch that did this and not some fluke, will know more tomorrow when i try again

Shin

Originally posted by Winters
    eh ... warez monkey ;) ... Just use the second BF CD, or even a RTR or SW cd. They have fixed the CD bug.

oh yeah, never taught about the 2nd cd, but the 'no cd' crack is handy, the game loads faster and there's no waiting for the cd to spin up. Anyway, love the new map, the patrol ships are great fun when you gang up with teammates

screenshot7.jpg

I take it this patch does not allow you to play DC? I can't connect to any DC servers

ive been playing DC all day today with the 1.5 patch, are you sure your just not trying to connect to 1.45 servers, ASE will tell you straight away.

Shin

Yea I installed 1.5 patch, then went into ASE and tried to join a .4 DC server. Tried 3 different servers, all I get is

'failed to connect'

I can join 1.5 b1942 servers no problem but

Yes i was gettin thats as well, it was only when i looked at what version of the patch was installed on the server did i notice that most of them last night were still running the 1.45 patch and not 1.5.

All the uk servers should be updated to the 1.5 patch by today anyways so try again

Shin

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,643 ✭✭✭magpie

OK, why doesn't my version of ASE automatically give me an option to find 1.5 servers? It still has 1.45 as the highest patch and says something about "this update will available in 11 hours" and "lot's of people using server etc".

Is this their new way of pissing you off enough to shell out and register?

On another note, I've noticed bf1942 running very slowly since I installed 1.5, even on single player. Anyone else have the same problem?

I havent updated anything as yet, I do have to hunt for 1.5 servers in the server window in ASE, I do agree that the updates are very slow in coming, but hey ive gotten no slowdown except for the first 10 seconds or so in servers, but after that im flying, noticed nothing in single player, everything was ok there

Shin

only slowdown I've had is waiting for the bloody cd to start spining up!

BTW, I finally did get onto a DC server, Your right shinzon, my problem was due to other servers not updated to the 1.5 patch

• Registered Users Posts: 3,055 ✭✭✭suppafly

My ASE hasn't asked to be updated yet and it still just has the 1.45 as highest version. Hope it does soon!

• Registered Users Posts: 413 ✭✭Skittle

Hi all,
    I have the registered version of ASE and it too doesn't show a filter for v1.5 of Battlefield 1942, however there are two ways of filtering out the 1.5 servers:

Method 1
    Click the "Other" filter under the version section. 1.5 servers are listed there.

Method 2
    • Go to the directory where ASE runs.
    • Open the file filters.exe in notepad
    • Search for the string "Battlefield 1942\Version" (without the quotes)
    • Add the lines below just above the v1.45 filter section...

Battlefield 1942\Version\1.5
      Group: BFVER
      Mutex: BFVER
      1 if Version != "v1.5" remove

• Save the file.

That area of your file should look like the one below:

Battlefield 1942\Version
    Group: NUL

Battlefield 1942\Version\1.5
    1 if Version != "v1.5" remove

Battlefield 1942\Version\1.45
    1 if Version != "v1.45" remove

This should work until ASE updates it's filters automatically...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 484 ✭✭ssh

The Garand and Type 5 are probably too good.

I'm a big fan of battle rifles over assault rifles in general, but they've turned the engineer into a highly capable infantry killer and tank ambusher, rather than a flawed infantry killer and tank ambusher.

I always plays as an engineer and just feel that they've made the class too easy to play. The No. 5 and K98 took skill to use properly.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,643 ✭✭✭magpie

ASE Updated to 1.5 today.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 342 ✭✭Irish_Kamikaze

Winters i was wondering how long it shud take me to download v1.5? I have ISDN and i have the old v1.45!

And do you know how long untill we must brace ourselves for the annoying NEW version?

Just need to know how long i hav v1.5 for untill i gota download the:mad: NEXT:mad: patch.

If you dont want to spend too long downlaoding just get the smaller incremental patch.

The incremental [v1.45 to v1.5 (45mb)] patch took me about 3 hours 20minutes, and lets not forget that it ran at an average of 3.9kb/s. Being on ISDN you should be able to get it in a couple of hours. The full v1.5 patch [145mb] took me 10 hours and 24 minutes, once again running at an average of 3.9kb/s.

I would advise getting getright or other download software that will allow you to pause a download and complete it bit by bit. :)

Also, next Battlefield patch isint expected for at least a month or two. Unless some major bug becomes evident and they have to rush out with a patch to fix that. Doubtful though. I'd say another two months before we get wind of another update. Nothing major needs to be updated for a bit.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 342 ✭✭Irish_Kamikaze

Winters man ur a nuter i just wrote that 20mins ago how the hell did you know i sent a reply?? :confused::confused::confused:

Man you shud get so sleep!!

I wud send you some sleepin pillz but i need them!!
    :o:o

any sites for pictures of the new map and its new stuff??:confused:

Advertisement