Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

[ Official EA/Dice ] Battlefield 1942 v1.5 Patch

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,761 ✭✭✭✭Winters

Originally posted by Irish_Kamikaze
    Winters man ur a nuter i just wrote that 20mins ago how the hell did you know i sent a reply??

I have this board plugged into my brain.

For images of the new "Invasion of the Philppeans" map take a look at this thread. Update also adds some new veichles and weapons for the Pacific theatre. Grab the patch soon as it fixes some major bugs, including the chat lag one. You can now once again play Battlefield over a 56k line with little/no lag :)"hurrah"

For mirrors for the update visit this post on the first page of this thread. I have a link to the Blueyonder mirror in my signature too. Now, I am off to get some sleep.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,460 ✭✭✭shinzon

and HURRAH to ea/DICE for fixing that at least

Shin

• Closed Accounts Posts: 342 ✭✭Irish_Kamikaze

Winters about that chat thing you were on about i have voice com. But.........i dont know how to use it in cs all i do is go into the controls and re-config. But with bf1942 it isnt there my old clan told me to download teamspeak but i got sent a virus thru that site and fu*cked me up for at least 3months. It hasnt got something to do with downloading has it? If so were do i find the download?

Yet again winters i am amazed;) on how you can find out all this stuff so im thinking:confused::confused: your the admin or god of this forum!

I think??:confused: ??

Also is there some were i can go to download all the battlefield 1942 songs?

They kick ass wana mix them with some other tunes!!! :ninja:

Winters about that chat thing you were on about i have voice com. But.........i dont know how to use it in cs all i do is go into the controls and re-config. But with bf1942 it isnt there my old clan told me to download teamspeak but i got sent a virus thru that site and fu*cked me up for at least 3months. It hasnt got something to do with downloading has it? If so were do i find the download?

Ok, there is no inbuilt voice com system in Battlefield 1942. There are other pieces of software that people use that allow them to use voice communication to each other but these are third-party software and are run seperatly to Battlefield 1942. I cant say if you got a virus through that download unless it was a very dodgy underground site.... you may have just of got the virus from elsewares.

Yet again winters i am amazed;) on how you can find out all this stuff so im thinking:confused::confused: your the admin or god of this forum!

Yes I do run the Battlefield 1942 forum here on Boards. Myself and KdjaC are the mods here
    Also is there some were i can go to download all the battlefield 1942 songs?

There is no official download for any of the music in Battlefield 1942. Somepeople may have ripped them from the game but I dont know of any. If you want the music you will have to do it the old fashoned way of recording yourself play then editing it.

I know DesertCombat released the names of the songs they used in the .3g preview video. That was a fantastic video I have to say. Music was great :)

Thx again Winters for another story of unsolved mysteries.

I Know i ask to much questions but i dont suppose u'd find out for me what Irish clans are recruiting and when?

And were do i find these clans?:confused::(:confused:

Once again i thank you in advance as i know you will find out the answers i need thx!!

:D:D:D:D:D:D

• Advertisement

I can honestly say i know of no actual true Irish Battlefield clan. They are either non-existant or just keep very quiest and say nothing, or just havent discovered this fantastic place yet :)

Spread the word .........

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,643 ✭✭✭magpie

Sign me up for Clan Begorrah

• Registered Users Posts: 5,398 ✭✭✭ando

Who's up for starting a PaddY clan!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,643 ✭✭✭magpie

As long as we can call it Clan Bejasus. Or Clan Bedahokey.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,181 ✭✭✭✭Jim

winters : how do they get the figs in the fig rolls?

seriously, have a problem or two.
    my pc was unfortunatly hit by a virus saturday morning, after spending all day tryin to fix it i just ended up resettin windows to original factory setting to get rid of it.

now, everything was fine, reinstalled bf and the mods etc... then i used the full patch to 1.5 update [supplied by that man of men, winters]. then i started up the game, and quit to desktop. i can stay on the main screen fine, but when i move the mouse it quits. before i got the virus i had used the upgrade 1.4 -> 1.5 patch.

ive reinstalled bf many times and works fine until i use the full 1.5 patch. anyone else having this problem/can help?

cheers.

• Advertisement

I had that same problum a while ago and the only thing that worked was when i bought a new BF1942 and installed that one instead. I think your bf1942 got infected so maybe one of the discs still have a trace of the virus still on it.

Run a anti virus scan(hole systems scan) and maybe you will find the problum!!ww) :ninja: ww)

:p:(:p

• Registered Users Posts: 4,317 ✭✭✭CombatCow

Jimeatsmenu iv had that exact problem about 2-3 times over the past months,a clean install of BF and DC sorts it out for me.

Good Luck

CombatCow

Irish_Kamikaze theres no way the virus he had could infect the BF cd....prob just a DC bug.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,181 ✭✭✭✭Jim

I had that same problum a while ago and the only thing that worked was when i bought a new BF1942 and installed that one instead. I think your bf1942 got infected so maybe one of the discs still have a trace of the virus still on it.

Run a anti virus scan(hole systems scan) and maybe you will find the problum!!ww) :ninja: ww)

:p:(:p

i think not.

also im a bit terrified to ask what a hole system scan is:(

[sorry]

• Registered Users Posts: 8,718 ✭✭✭Matt Simis

Originally posted by Combatcow

Irish_Kamikaze theres no way the virus he had could infect the BF cd....prob just a DC bug.

Looks like someone cant tell the difference between CD-ROM and CD-R.

Matt

• Registered Users Posts: 4,317 ✭✭✭CombatCow

Originally posted by Matt Simis
    Looks like someone cant tell the difference between CD-ROM and CD-R.

Matt

Irish_Kamikaze suggested that the virus had got on to his ( i presume legit ) BF cd which is bollox,if it was burnt to cd-r than maybe...

Thx for that helpful info matt, Well done.

CombatCow

Thx for that Matt. :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :ninja:

Advertisement