Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

LIDL 28" Television @ €279 - any opinions/info?

Options
  • 30-10-2003 3:51pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,379 ✭✭✭

See here: http://www.lidl.ie/ie/index.nsf/pages/c.o.oow.20031106.p.Television

Does anyone know anything about this 'SEG' crowd? I've googled for them (and for the model no.) but haven't come up with anything yet — maybe it sells under a different brand name here?

The specs look good, for the money, but I wouldn't mind checking them out in a bit more detail. This is what LIDL says:

28" Colour TV, SEG CT 2803-A, Casing 7211
    TV is 70cm wide, 66cm visible
    Store up to 100 programmes
    APS (Auto Programming System)
    Fastext
    On screen display
    Stereo, Teletext, Sleep timer, Front AV and headphone slot
    Virtual Dolby Surround, 2 x 10 Watt speakers
    Infrared remote control (with batteries)
    Stereo headphone slot
    Colours: silver or anthracite

Any thoughts...?

Peckerhead

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,521 ✭✭✭patch

It's not widescreen. For 350 you'll get a black diamond one if you look around.

It doesn't seem cheap enough to warrant taking the chance in buying it.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,558 ✭✭✭savemejebus

I haven't heard any complaints about the tvs but i have to say that i've seen a few outside the managers office in my local LIDL, dont know whether it was for repairs or returns though. At that price, €299 you can get Dixon/Currys own brand Matsui 28", you might have better comeback if anything goes wrong from them, but you probably won't get all the features. I could be wrong but i recall seeing a grundig for a similar price also

Having said that I am thinking of getting the 6head video player that seems to be an absolute steal for €99

• Moderators, Regional North West Moderators Posts: 19,123 Mod ✭✭✭✭byte
    byte

Hmm, looks like the same as SLX, Alba or ESB brand iDeal etc. They're definitely not the most reliable of TV's though you could be lucky!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,609 ✭✭✭comet

They are selling it for 259euro this morning despite saying 279euro, not a bad deal for that price.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 933 ✭✭✭mooman_00

Originally posted by savemejebus
    Having said that I am thinking of getting the 6head video player that seems to be an absolute steal for €99

It is a steal my parents got one 6+months ago, the last time they had that offer, and its still in perfect working order.

The remote is badly laid out and the instruction manual is a joke but for that price who cares.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,609 ✭✭✭comet

my parents got one 6+months ago..... and its still in perfect working order

Wow! what a bonus still working after 6 months!! Come on its not that cheap, its 100euro, its possible to buy a Sharp 6 head for 120euro in Argos.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 933 ✭✭✭mooman_00

Originally posted by comet
    Wow! what a bonus still working after 6 months!! Come on its not that cheap, its 100euro, its possible to buy a Sharp 6 head for 120euro in Argos.

Your mother was a hamster and your father smelt of elderberries..........................................................

Dont take offence its just that your post sounds bitchy

• Moderators, Regional North West Moderators Posts: 19,123 Mod ✭✭✭✭byte
    byte

From the picture, the VCR seems to be a Daewoo VCR with different branding and as far as cheapo vids go, they're pretty reliable. Wonder if it's the same one that shows RF Output channel if powered down for a while. Can be annoying that.

Advertisement