Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Games companies in Ireland

Options
  • 02-09-1999 2:35pm
    Registered Users Posts: 175 ✭✭

i know theres a few Cendantsoft (who are *******s) and theres a playstation one and some more .
    Anybody know of them ...hell or even work in them smile.gif ...cheers

scrub

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,831 ✭✭✭Lucutus

One is FunCom, old college friend of mine works there, 3D designer, just released the game SpeedFreaks for Playstation. They do both Playstation and PC-CDROM games.

Oh, and they get paid big money, Da bástards!

sunglasses.gif

Lucutus of Borg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,275 ✭✭✭Shinji

Havas are here as well, they are really only a distro tho.

Then, of course, there's Symbiosys... the only company of the above that are genuinely Irish, not a multinational. 1 PC game gone to the publishers, 1 other in development, and a lot of GameBoy work going on, as well as DreamCast development prospects on the horizon.

Ja,
    Rob

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,507 ✭✭✭Asuka

Such a shameless plug tongue.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 2,518 ✭✭✭Hecate

why?, do you work there or somthing? sunglasses.gif

[This message has been edited by Hecate (edited 02-09-99).]

• Registered Users Posts: 6,687 ✭✭✭tHE vAGGABOND

you'd swear you own the f00king thing or something smile.gif

• Advertisement

Hush, children tongue.gif

Anyway, we _are_ the only truly Irish game developer smile.gif

[This message has been edited by Shinji (edited 02-09-99).]

• Registered Users Posts: 2,010 ✭✭✭Dr_Teeth

Really? That's rather sad. sad.gif You'd think with all the start-ups around at least *one* would be developing games. Ah well, gimme a year.

Teeth.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,972 ✭✭✭SheroN

Your starting up teeth?.....gimme a job
    im deadly....im multitalented....im a GRRRRRAATE lad...so there

• Registered Users Posts: 574 ✭✭✭ste

so we have the

"the only truly Irish game developer"
    - Symbiosys !

I wonder when we'll have the ...
    "the only truly good Irish game developer"

wehhhhhhhhh wehhhhhhhhhhhhhhh wehhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh smile.gif

takkkkkkkkkkkkke it PEL, takkkkkkkkkkkkkkkke IT

smile.gif

• Closed Accounts Posts: 793 ✭✭✭Kegser

Strange because an Irish Games Company is currently developing a multi-million game for the PlayStation 2. Don't ask me for the details because I don't know them yet..

Kegs.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 175 ✭✭SCRUB

Eh sorry for the delay working and trying loads of other things to try and get a Placement in a company for 3'd year INTRA .

so Shinji any change of a job smile.gif , im good for tax purposes and general tea making just as long as i can ask questions an learn a bit smile.gif .
    I can actually do stuff , well im learning stuff (trying Direct X) and getting places im not thick smile.gif
    poxy college's never really do much for you you have to do it your self sad.gif

SCRUB

p.s. I know where havis is , have an idea where the playstation place is, and address or email address would be appreciated smile.gif cheers

• Subscribers Posts: 1,911 ✭✭✭Draco

There's an article on pg 13 of the Times on the Irish games industry. Didn't get to read it all so I can't say how informative it is.

Draco

• Closed Accounts Posts: 158 ✭✭FurY

The next installment of final fantasy has something being done to it over here. Not quite sure, for all i know, it could be getting converted into english. But theres hiding in dublin somewhere. So there ya have it.
    F.

Yea, there's a translation place in Dublin that's doing some of the english translation for FF8.

Symbiosys isn't in a position to employ people at the moment - we're don't have the capital to do it, hell, we don't even have our own premises. However, there are some very interesting things in the pipeline, but don't expect to see the company offering employment prospects for at least another 8-12 months. After that, though, who knows? smile.gif

Ja,
    Rob

Advertisement