Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

ignorant mod

Options
  • 30-10-2003 4:23pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 43

Just reposting in appropriate forum:

Mr.Keeks thinks i should apologise to him for something i didn't know was wrong.
    Also why should i when he hasn't bothered in freeing me in the giving time frame.
    Are all the mods like this, if anyone should get an apology its me.
    Ignoranct person, he has a chip on his shoulder because his a "mod"
    Is this communist china or something

Well excuse me, but i don't think its good enough that you won't get off your arse and keep your word and let me back in after the time given period.

i didn't even know anything about your behind the scenes trading i was just trying to do business more privately as i didn't want to give out personal details etc.

Don't get on your high horse your only an admin, you ignorant person. if you want an apology give one to me 2.

quote:
    Keeks wrote on 24-10-2003 19:49:
    i could but i'm still waiting for something from u. It's Just not good enough demanding to be let back in. It's also not good to be rude when doing so.

rgds

Keeks

quote:
    O2Suck wrote on 24-10-2003 08:13:
    "O2Suck banned for a week for off thread
    dealing and postin 'Pm Sent' message."

It has now been a month and i still can't get in, can you get the finger out and do something about it
    Post edited by Shield on

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,304 ✭✭✭✭koneko

Bans aren't lifted automatically, but manually. Normally if you fire off a friendly PM to the mod they'll lift it (after the week or whatever time you're banned for).

"Can you get the finger out and do something about it" isn't exactly a good way of going about things, don't ya think? Being rude doesn't get you anywhere.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,443 ✭✭✭cartman

well keeks is the most ignorant mod on boards anyways so i know where your coming from o2sucks..

He did his time and 3weeks later he still wont le thim out.. i would be pissed too.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 43 O2Suck

Sorry...but i don't find that particularly offensive......i have heard many people say that and it was in humour(which was my idea) if Keeks takes offence, tough i aint apologising is he a kid or somethin

• Registered Users Posts: 15,399 Mod ✭✭✭✭Thanx 4 The Fish

Way to get yourself unbanned :rolleyes:

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 10,501 Mod ✭✭✭✭ecksor

The key thing to remember here is that you're just another user to a few mods who are trying to keep a very busy set of forums under control. The zero tolerance approach has been tried and seems to be working out for the best overall (and every effort is made to draw your attention to the forum rules). Being polite, less confrontational and not so demanding gets you a long way further when the mods in question do a lot of thankless work for no pay.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,152 ✭✭✭ozt9vdujny3srf

The amount of people who dont read thge charter for the for sale board is unreal. The board has a lot of traffic so i would say it is a difficult board to mod. Lots of people (deservedly) get banned from for sale, you cant expect keeks to remember who he has to unban.

I dunno if this is written down anywhere but maybe it should be responsibility of whoever is banned to tell the mod that their time is up in a polite and apologetic manner :).

• Registered Users Posts: 2,598 ✭✭✭Yavvy

I dunno if this is written down anywhere but maybe it should be responsibility of whoever is banned to tell the mod that their time is up in a polite and apologetic manner

I disagree witgh the apologetic manner, But I feel banned users should let the mods know that their ban is up in a courtious manner ( that we all deserve to be treated with)

02Suck...What is so difficult about typing " Keeks, My ban should be up by now, please unban me." it even takes less time than
    It has now been a month and i still can't get in, can you get the finger out and do something about it

• Registered Users Posts: 11,446 ✭✭✭✭amp

Originally posted by O2Suck
    Mr.Keeks thinks i should apologise to him for something i didn't know was wrong.

Ignorance of the rules is no defence. Oh the ironing.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 42,362 Mod ✭✭✭✭Beruthiel

when you register
    is there something in it about reading the charters in the forums?
    I can' remember myself now, but if there isn't, perhaps it would be an idea - people don't bother their arse most of the time

• Registered Users Posts: 12,169 ✭✭✭✭Sangre

Amp is right, you cant kill someone and claim you didn't know it was illegal, to use an extreme yet valid arguement.

To be honest O2sucks, you seem like an arogrant obnoxious prick, I cant see why Keeks would unban you with an attitude like that, for sale has plenty of traffic so it can do without attitudes like yours.
    Keeks is doing a great and thankless job, give respect where respect is due.

To echo Alany's words
    banned users should let the mods know that their ban is up in a courtious manner that we all deserve to be treated with

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,196 ✭✭✭✭Crash

It amazes me the number of uses who seem to think it is their right to go and post here. its not. the admins et al owe you nothing. neither do the mods. simple fact is that you cant expect any mod, especially one such as keeks who has a very busy forum to mod in for sale, to remember a week after to unban you. generally if i ban someone they wont get unbanned if they PM me with "WTF? its been a week. unban me asshole" - not just because its really rude, but also because its a sign that their week off has taught them nothing.

Simple fact is mr. o2suck, that perhaps you should take the finger out and cop on.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,163 ✭✭✭✭Boston

Hmm and you expect someone else here to over rule a moderator of a board for this crap? been my expreience moderators are only over ruled when they step way out of line on personal grudges against people.

Do you really think sorry i'm to fuking stupid to read the charter owuld have been to much to say.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,500 ✭✭✭Mercury_Tilt

This post has been deleted.

Originally posted by Mercury_Tilt
    :rolleyes:

Hey, that's what I was going to say!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,163 ✭✭✭✭Boston

Hey Merc is this some kinda northern ireland thing, first i see the smile, then i get kneecapped?

Ecksor, back in you whole.

• Registered Users Posts: 35,524 ✭✭✭✭Gordon

To be completely honest, tbch, it depends where you live - O2sucks.

If you live inside the Matrix you can only submit to the will of the Matrix. You must obey the overlordial dictatorship of the program else you will cease to exist. Hence whitherto there is no point in arguing about these little intricate delicacies we seem to create for ourselves.

If you live outside of the Matrix and only ever pop in to whizz about a bit and kill a few agents and rescue someone from the clutches of the evil architect then you must realise that there exists nothing to sell and nothing to buy in actuality. So if there is no thing for you to buy and sell - what is the point in utilising the For Sale board? In fact there is no board.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 43 O2Suck

Thats it ladies ...stick up for one another..............as i said previously the first pm i sent keeks was meant in a good natured way........and no i am not an arrogant prick....just open minded.......i believe ina democracy...and this certainly isn't one........you are all sticking up for each other...probably because u know each other from your little get togethers down the boozer............**** u all and your boards.
    Judging by your photographs i don't want to post with you, :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 15,399 Mod ✭✭✭✭Thanx 4 The Fish

Thats it ladies ...stick up for one another..............as i said previously the first pm i sent keeks was meant in a good natured way........and no i am not an arrogant prick....just open minded.......i believe ina democracy...and this certainly isn't one........you are all sticking up for each other...probably because u know each other from your little get togethers down the boozer............**** u all and your boards.

Where did you ever get the idea that boards was a democracy ??

Originally posted by Thanx 4 The Fish
    Where did you ever get the idea that boards was a democracy ??

he is a young grasshopper and does not know all our ways yet

• Closed Accounts Posts: 622 ✭✭✭ColinM

Ah, good man Gordon. A bit of surrealism always helps to calm people down.

I thought you were fecking off to Greece though and planning on giving up all this nerding? What happened?

WRT the thread, BTW I can see both sides, TBCH. I'll elaborate later if I can.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 622 ✭✭✭ColinM

Hey O2sucks, I know what you mean - those photos on "knowyournerds" are a total revelation. They confirmed my suspicions alright.

I don't have my photo there, and never will. There are some people here who aren't cliquey, aren't complete nerds, and are totally sound. Like me.

So stick around and see if you can make a difference.

Originally posted by ColinM
    I thought you were fecking off to Greece though and planning on giving up all this nerding? What happened?

he is in greece and he has brought his nerdiness with him :D

• Registered Users Posts: 7,468 ✭✭✭Evil Phil

indenial.jpg

Originally posted by ColinM
    I don't have my photo there, and never will. There are some people here who aren't cliquey, aren't complete nerds, and are totally sound. Like me.

Ahh, that made me laugh.

• Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 32,387 Mod ✭✭✭✭DeVore

Great. Cos you are just leaving. Byeeeee.

Come back when you have grown a brain stem.

DeV.

Thats it ladies

Bad start, very bad start.
    ...stick up for one another

I assume you wanted them to stick up for you? What they say doesn't actually matter, your problem is with keeks. Did you remember the key thing I told you to remember?
    ..............as i said previously the first pm i sent keeks was meant in a good natured way........and no i am not an arrogant prick....just open minded.......

Why are you explaining this here? Explain it to Keeks and stop insulting and demanding from people and are genuine you'll find that everyone (ok, most people) are surprisingly helpful.
    i believe ina democracy...and this certainly isn't one........you are all sticking up for each other...probably because u know each other from your little get togethers down the boozer............**** u all and your boards.

Saying that boards isn't a democracy is becoming a cliche. Anyway, no claims at democracy here.

Thank you, come again.

perhaps that should also be added to the registration procedure, "welcome to the dictatorship that is Boards" :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,564 ✭✭✭Typedef

*oh right there*

yeah

• Registered Users Posts: 11,446 ✭✭✭✭amp

To paraphrase the Great Prophet: damn, we lost another moron. On the plus side at least we won't run out of fullstops now......

Oh and Ruthie it's a "benevolent" dictatorship. The benevolent is my favourite bit. I think it's latin for violence against guys called Ben. I could be wrong but I hardly think that's likely.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,628 ✭✭✭Asok

If youve just tuned in here is the action so far
    <Person with life> weeeehhhh wehhhhhh i told him to get the finger out weehhhhhhhh <Everyone else> your a tit

Advertisement