Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

woot! and question

• 30-10-2003 5:09pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,010 ✭✭✭

Yay, I just got my DSL installed. I went with an Esat 512k SME account. I ordered it on the 7th or October and it was installed this morning, which is pretty good I reckon considering all the horror stories one reads on these boards.

Anyway, they gave me an Ericsson modem but I want to get a better one with a wireless hub, 4 port switch, router, firewall etc. The modem I'm looking at buying is the Netgear DG824M. Has anyone here used that modem with an Esat SME line?

Cheers,
    Teeth.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,059 ✭✭✭BKtje

The Ericsson one is very good tbh. Tho of course not wireless.
    I dont see why that router would cause a problem but then again i've never had it :p

• Registered Users Posts: 103 ✭✭^pt^

Funny to come across this thread now, I just ordered one of those from Elara :) Recommended in this post...

It should arrive Monday, Tuesday...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 458 ✭✭shurl

Hey Dr_Teeth,

Have one of those babies running my house network since about May.

Very nice box.

-Stable
    -Good Wireless coverage
    -Full of features / Very configurable
    -Secure

Would recommend it to anyone.

Cheers
    Simon.

Advertisement