Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Arse Spanking!

• 30-10-2003 5:23pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 211 ✭✭

Arsenal have been fined £175,000 and warned as to their future conduct for failing to control their players following their involvement in the events which marred September's Premier League match at Old Trafford. Lauren has recieved a four-match ban and a £40,000 fine for his invovlement, Martin Keown has been handed a three-match suspension and £20,000 fine.

Keown has done well there IMO...

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,093 ✭✭✭woosaysdan

lovely serves them right. did anything happen to the united players involved?

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 15,001 ✭✭✭✭Pepe LeFrits

As long as Campbell is available i don't see the suspensions making much difference. £175,000 isn't much either though the timing for it is bad.

Volz has a recall clause in his loan contract to Fulham which is probably Wenger's best option.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,013 ✭✭✭✭eirebhoy

I don't know how they worked out the bans. The two players were mentioned the most for the incidents were Keown and Parlour and Parlour only received a one match ban. Lauren got a four match ban for not doing a lot worse than Parlour. Birmingham came out the lucky ones as all four players (Viera, Parlour, Keown and Lauren) will miss the match against them.

• Registered Users Posts: 389 ✭✭Aliminator

i hope the united players giggs and ronaldo get 3 match bans. they were doing as much as keown and lauren.
    sneaky scumbags, just like vanNistelrooij.

£175,000 is a bit large when they're lacking money for Islington.
    fek's sake. mind u, aliadiere and that record breaking spanish chap looked good against rotherham... fingers crossed.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,064 ✭✭✭BKtje

hope the united players giggs and ronaldo get 3 match bans. they were doing as much as keown and lauren
    Dont know what ronaldo did but all giggs seems to have done is square up to lauren or something. Anyways lets not starts that again.

Surprised at parlours lack of lengthy ban but i guess the FA know best.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,981 ✭✭✭Big Ears

and all this over a little bit of handbags and taunting Nistelgay.

and striking him in the back of the head :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 389 ✭✭Aliminator

no more than the cheating, slimy, sneaky fek deserved.

does anyone really think that Andy Cole will get suspended for 4 matches? really? of course not.
    the english media are on arsenal's back as arsenal have (shamefully) not delivered in Europe.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,046 ✭✭✭Dustaz

Roll on the massive fines and bans for the blackburn and southampton players.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 13,018 ✭✭✭✭jank

All i can say is well done to the fa for being so blatent in being so unfair. Rules are there for all clubs not just a few

as most (or some) of us saw last weekend there was a much worse incident and yet will there be a fine or suspensions??

well probably not(as big anyway)!!

and what about the tunnel incident(england v turkey) where it was preety much the same handbags!!!

only a small fine for the fa and the turkish fa handed out by uefa

well done for fairness!!

this will bring to light what utter ****e the fa are!!

and dont get me started on rio ferdinand

that is all i have to say on this matter as preety soon utter ****e will be spewed on this thread

[/rant]

• Advertisement

Uefa woulda handed out the fans for the international.
    Nothing to do with the English FA. but yer i know what ur saying.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 10,572 Mod ✭✭✭✭Robbo

GoonerCon_detail.gif

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,168 ✭✭✭mobby

dustaz have to agree
    "Roll on the massive fines and bans for the blackburn and southampton players"

Dont like the Arse or Manure but there was hardly a mention about the row at Blackburn the weekend.

Anyway Chelsea for the Championship..............Come on ye boys in blue

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,116 ✭✭✭✭RasTa

Originally posted by Aliminator
    no more than the cheating, slimy, sneaky fek deserved.

does anyone really think that Andy Cole will get suspended for 4 matches? really? of course not.
    the english media are on arsenal's back as arsenal have (shamefully) not delivered in Europe.

Oh do shutup and just take it. I've had enough of this media are against us crap

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,003 ✭✭✭✭The Muppet

Do You hear voices as well?:D

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 10,572 Mod ✭✭✭✭Robbo

For some reason, I now have the mental image of an entire section of the Highbury crowd wearing tinfoil hats...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,981 ✭✭✭Big Ears

Originally posted by B-K-DzR
    and striking him in the back of the head :rolleyes:

a clip on the head is handbags

Advertisement