Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

CD-ROM Data Recovery

Options
  • 30-10-2003 5:59pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,719 ✭✭✭

Hi,
    ok ihave a cd at home screwed up when burning. Basically it's TOC is unwritten and the session is not closed.
    my problem is that it appears tobea blank media,i cant close the session on it and i cant do any kind of read on it ( i'm running Win2K,it reports "invalid function" when i try read it )
    So Does anyone know of any software to do a low level recovery from the cd?
    i know the easy solution is to burn it again,but i want to know how to recover the data if this happens again.
    regards
    Ruaidhrí

Comments

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 91,785 Mod ✭✭✭✭Capt'n Midnight

If you have Adaptec (Roixo or whatever they call it now) some versions have a scandisk option - though I've never seen it work....

Advertisement