Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Help Needed!!!!!!! Connecting to a COllege network with laptop.

Options
  • 30-10-2003 8:38pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 414 ✭✭

Hey anyone who can help me on this, i just got a new laptop and i have it up at college with me right now. Ive got a network connection and cable and ive it plugged in and all but its only giving me the dial up connection option, can anyone tell me how to set it up. I need help fast thanks!!!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,396 ✭✭✭✭kaimera

what college?

first...remove any dialup connections you might have

in UL, you gotta drop in the physical addy of your network adapter a day before you can connect in the college.

they then give you settings to put into the LAN settings [proxy server settings]

dunno about any other college

my laptop didn't work in CSIS today :-/ granted I didn't have much time at it tho.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,608 ✭✭✭✭sceptre

If it's UL, I answered this question only yesterday here
    (dunno if it's different in seesis - I've never bothered to connect there)

If it's any other college, well, it would help if you said which college it is.

(probably wrong forum too but that's up to Monty/the FANJ)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,274 ✭✭✭Monty - the one and only

moved

Advertisement