Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ghettopoly!

• 30-10-2003 9:21pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,309 ✭✭✭✭

Black leaders in America are outraged at this... I think it's funny...

/me shrugs

CNN: 'Ghettopoly' game causes outrage

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,139 ✭✭✭Sauron

tis quite funneh....imo...It was bound to be as controversial as hell though:rolleyes: :)

• Registered Users Posts: 389 ✭✭Aliminator

Lame.

do u use that for everything?

what, twice is for everything?
    It seems to fit in well to this category...it isn't exactly meant to be a hilarious joke......an un-called for reaction imo....:ninja:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,309 ✭✭✭✭Bard

Brilliant contribution to the thread Aliminator... WELL DONE.

• Advertisement

cheers ya sarcastic ancient pos.

u should read my contributions on the CTYI boards in the Women Superior to Men (lack there of) thread.

i said it was lame. it is. come on, a bit more imagination plz....

on a side note, there's another version of monopoly coming out simialr to ghettopoly. it got hte same reaction tho, so may not come out. shame. can't remember the name..

and how many of u read my 'humourous e-mails' thread. they are funny. as is the pic.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,942 ✭✭✭Mac daddy

seen on the internet i think it was last week the makers of monopoly are going to sue the makers of ghetonopolly

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,942 ✭✭✭Mac daddy

• Closed Accounts Posts: 28,128 ✭✭✭✭Mossy Monk

i saw that on FOX News a while back and they say it will encourage prostitution, drug dealing and other such things. Bill O Reilly called for a boycott of the product :D it is a bit of fun IMO

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,148 ✭✭✭angelofdeath

im gettin this, looks like a laugh, a few j's and everyone callin each other pimps and ho's, brilliant

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,778 ✭✭✭✭Kold

Yea, id actually buy it... if it was in a shop...and i had the money on me at the time...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,798 ✭✭✭Funky

Originally posted by Aliminator
    u should read my contributions on the CTYI boards in the Women Superior to Men (lack there of) thread.

careful guys hes talented

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,543 ✭✭✭sionnach

Originally posted by Funky

actually, ud b surprised at the amount of talentless ppl that get in...i remember one guy who spilt white stuff on himself in the lab and maintained it was burning his skin and his heart rate was dropping until we told him it was aspirin..........

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,105 ✭✭✭Tyrrial

Originally posted by Aliminator

CTYI..... that explains it. the only people in the world that try really hard to develop a cutting edge opperation to try and force their heads further up there own ass's.

anyway. i saw that game on sale in HMV a while ago, wasn't very well displayed. kinda hidden under loads of stuff. had i money that day i would have bought it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 292 ✭✭Spenguin

Oh my god thats brilliant. Offended? Why would they get offended? I wouldn't get offended if they made some sort of stupid drunken irish monopoly. But I suppose its different somehow. Lotsa people in CTYI could be stupid, but not all of them are all obnoxious and annoying.
    aliminator is really stoopid and loud

Originally posted by Funky

tormented youth more like. look at me on boards, or spenguin's attempt at a cover up. doesn't have the balls to state it out loud.
    cheers lads.

The board of ghettopoly looked class. they had the pimp-houses and second class hotels and what not as the streets. i think a lone shark thug-hole was one of the 'bad things' that could happen to ya. sounded great. whatever happened to freedom of speech? we get that line shoved down are throats all the time.
    the playing pieces were guns and i think a syringe was there too.
    class looking thing.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 292 ✭✭Spenguin

Well people wouldn't be mean if you didn't say such asshole-like things. No offense. Especially in that feminism thread. Guns and syringes? Wheres the fun in that? They should replace things from the original game like the hat should have a feather in it, and the car should be one of those pimp cars.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,537 ✭✭✭joseph brand

OMG, with all the sh*t in the world, people have time to dedicate to stopping a 'board game'???

'Cardboard, dice, cards, paper', how scary and evil, grow up and get a life!!

Who are these stooooopid as*holes??

Bring on the 'drunken Irish idiot Oploy'. You will see the idiots crawl out looking for a ban on it too.

Monopoly is all about posh twats, buying expensive places, lets see other end of scale eh?

I'd say blacks would enjoy it as much as us, if not more. I laugh my ass off at D'unbelievables, cos Ma from country, but most Dubs (full Dub), don't laugh as much, need to be able to relate.

Get it!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,778 ✭✭✭✭Kold

No money, will you buy it for me? Then I'll give feedback about how much i laughed, types of laughter involved and so on..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 965 ✭✭✭DriftingRain

HAHAHAHAHA
    Actually I agree with the maker of the board game.
    "If we can't laugh at ourselves ... we'll continue to live in blame and bitterness."

It is all in fun. :rolleyes:

• Advertisement
Advertisement