Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Error Beeps (3)

• 30-10-2003 11:57pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,162 ✭✭✭

Motherboard is Intel 845 P4 , turned on tonight just getting 3 long beeps no video, presumed it was memory, reseated ram same problem. Tried ram in a 2nd pc works ok, someone just confirm its the Motherboard for me............. cant seem to find anywere that tells me what 3 long beeps are on Intel boards.

B***ox'S anyway................

Also tried Video card not that either.

B***ox'S again

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 771 ✭✭✭Sir Random

For AMI bios,
    3 beeps = Base 64k RAM failure
    Diagnosis: The first bank of memory probably has a bad memory chip in it somewhere. It is possible that there is a failure related to the motherboard or a system device as well.

http://www.pcguide.com/ts/x/sys/beep/amiB3-c.html

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,162 ✭✭✭mobby

ok went out purchased new m/board Asus p4sdk and 512 ddr ram
    presumed i could just switch my old hard disc with XP pro and away we go...... however get as far as start xp safe mode ,normal,command promt etc and just reboot after reboot
    so am i to presume with this m/board i have to start from scratch
    complete re install of os? anyone assist????

PS
    Tks Sir Random for your assistance

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,616 ✭✭✭milltown

Yes, mobo change will require complete re-install of XP I'm afraid.
    Don't ask me why but I had to ring them when I swapped mobos and they confirmed it. Also as it is a major hardware change you will need to activate XP again. If it won't activate over the net, ring them and tell them you've changed the mobo and they'll call out a new activation code for you.

Advertisement