Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

StatCounter's Third Relaunch!

Options
  • 30-10-2003 11:59pm
    Registered Users Posts: 944 ✭✭✭

Yes I've just relaunched StatCounter again! This time is running across 4 dedicated servers! If you had of told me two years ago that I'd have 4 dedicated servers running my StatCounter service, I would have laughed in your face. And the really fantastic thing, is with the new system, it is very, very easy to add more servers to cope with the demand. So who knows how many servers there will be in the future?

It's taken 6 months of long hard coding. But the service is going to be able to grow in the most popular web tracker for webmasters and website owners out there. I've got at least another year of development before I'll be happy with the features I'm offering. But the fundamental structure is now in place to let all this happen.

Have a look at the mad day I had today.

I try not to think about how close I came to selling StatCounter, thx to boards though I helf my nerve, and stuck it out with help from yous.

Mike Fagan resigning, Etain Doyle leaving Comreg and StatCounter re-launching! It's been a good day!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,739 ✭✭✭mneylon

Congratulations :D

• Registered Users Posts: 944 ✭✭✭nahdoic

Many thanks :D

I was working from 6am yesterday, to 2am this morning almost non-stop, fixing everything up! That's a bit mad.

• Registered Users Posts: 762 ✭✭✭Terminator

I like the new look. Its very smart and quick loading too.

One small niggle - I clicked on website submission in the advertiser section thinking it was an internal link - maybe the ads could be a tiny bit further down the page with a recap of your main sections in a similar format above them?

Thx terminator, will take it on board.

Page impressions for StatCounter DOUBLED yesterday! traffic.png

1,300 members signed up in 2 days, increasing the overall membership by 3.25% in 2 days.

suhweet.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,161 ✭✭✭steve-hosting36

Congratulations again Nahdoic! It's fantastic to see an Irish venture going from strength to strength! Does the site pay for itself yet? What are your plans for the future?

Thx Steve! Again, if it wasn't for hosting365 during that difficult time, I don't know what would have happened.

The site has been very cash positive for the last 6 months thanks to text link advertising. It was a godsend that gave me the capital I desperately needed to develop the service right.

Plans for the future? Develop StatCounter into the most popular web tracker among webmasters and website owners this world over.

The pay services are coming. I did a post on my own board about it.
    Yes I suspect a lot of members are wondering about this. The future of StatCounter!? I’m in a talkative mood this morning. I went socializing last night, for the first time in about a month and I don’t feel like working now.

You have my word that I will be doing everything in my power to give as much to the free service that can be sustained. But at the end of the day it's all about the numbers (very, very big numbers).

At the moment we can sustain for free websites getting 250,000 hits a month. If our advertising revenue drops then so will the 250,000 hits. Or if our advertising revenue doesn’t proportionately increase, with increased members, then this figure will drop.

The flip side of that though, with more members, we’ll be able to negotiate better advertising deals. In turn allowing us to offer more than 250,000 hits a month.

The double flip side, with economies of scale, with even more increased load allows us to bring down the costs on a per capita basis. Allowing us to offer more than 250,000.

This is the magic figure that we’ll have to watch. But if you get more than it, then we will have to charge you in order to sustain the service. And again I give you my word that I’ll be doing everything in my power to ensure you are getting real value for money.

Advertisement