Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Options
  • 31-10-2003 12:47am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 64 ✭✭

Hey
    I was just thinking about starting one of these (Games) but dont have a clue what they are about. Whats it like on cost and things like that????????

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,136 ✭✭✭Pugsley

Cost wise its a tad expensive...... infact its very bloody expensive.

Getting an army worth playing with (about 1500 points, allowing for some backup units to add variety) you would be spending a few hundred euro's (im talking about warhammer 40k, but the price of an equal sized army in most of these games is very similar), the total cost including paints and whatnot would end up at over 500 euro's more than likely..... and thats just to start playing decent battles.

Dont start collecting unless you have a very stable income :)

But if you want to just test what its like, get a small 500 point army, should cost about 200 euro's and then play with that army and see if you like what you have so far and then decide to splash out osme more on it, or leave it to gather dust.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,778 ✭✭✭✭Kold

Basically it's divided into two aspects, painting and gaming.

I myself started for the painting, then i got interested in the backgrounds of my characters and then i started playing...and winning.. i dunno, it's a hobby, all it takes is a little dedication and you result in something you can be very proud of. Buy a couple of white dwarf issues. BTW, we're not all dorks :P

Advertisement