Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ssx3

Options
  • 31-10-2003 9:51am
    Registered Users Posts: 2,178 ✭✭✭

I believe its out today ?

so what version, would people buy ?

PS2 ?
    XBOX ?
    Cube ?

Comments

• Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 32,387 Mod ✭✭✭✭DeVore

Xbox probably, unless there is a big difference in price. Might pick up an xbox and 4 games for 209 Euro and get that along with it!

Have the ps2 version of SSX Tricky which I still play after beating the sh|t out of it repeatedly. Great value in a game. Hope this one is as good.

DeV.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,446 ✭✭✭✭amp

Must.... buy....

SSX is just a misspellinng of SEX.

P.s. Hows those top scores, there Dev ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 26,928 ✭✭✭✭rainbow kirby

Cube all the way, but im getting f-zero gx today! wheeeeeee! I'll probably get ssx3 around christmas.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,178 ✭✭✭ondafly

SSX Tricky was my favourite game on the PS2 - played it to death, and like you said Devore its a great value game !

I have the cube and the PS2 - but have be tinkering with the taughts of buying the Xbox, and I want the best version of SSX3.

I've read some reports this morning, that some moves are missing from the Cube version, and the graphics aren't the best on the PS2 - will I be going to the dark side !?!

• Registered Users Posts: 27,322 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

Don't get the Cube version! Because of the lack of buttons on the GC controller, the game has less moves and tricks.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 85 ✭✭gimme

all i have is a cube but i'll be buying it anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 340 ✭✭DrEvil

i'm gonna get the PS2 version!

having played both the XBOX and PS2 versions of tricky a good bit i found i much perferred the PS2 version cause of the controls suited it much more IMO and didn't see any differences in gameplay at all

also the thought of online play on the PS2 version sounds very tempting!!

SSX3 will be a great game on any console!!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,585 ✭✭✭honru

Reviewers awarded the PS2 version as the one to get out of the three as it features exclusive online play.

picked up the Xbox with the 4 games , and SSX. All I can say, is SSX3 is fantastic. Took me a few minutes to get used to the new controller, but its similiarity to the PS2 one for this game was obvious. Graphics are beautiful !

I like the new additions to the controls, like the recover option, and also being able to do a "Handplant" on a rail (don't remember doing that before)

Music is great too, and as a favourite track of mine "Poor Leno". So like in the last one having me love BT's music, I find myself again, loving the music with this latest version.

and it looks like I'm gonna want to go snowboarding in real life !

PS I can't find my favourite character ! that little German dude !

• Closed Accounts Posts: 72 ✭✭IrishPug106GTi

DeVore: Where can I get the xbox with four games for €209?

Also, SSX Tricky was probably one of the best games released on the PS2. Definitely going after SSX 3.

• Advertisement

Originally posted by IrishPug106GTi
    Where can I get the xbox with four games for €209?

GAME

• Registered Users Posts: 6,421 ✭✭✭weemcd

cant wait for this game i will get it in the week, the ads look amazing really brilliant gfx. has anyone here got it yet? wats ur opinion on the game

Advertisement