Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

CD Labeling

• 31-10-2003 10:05am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 84 ✭✭

Looking a for a good system to label cds. Could someone recommend a good software package/applicator kit or would I be better off buying a cd printer. Needs to look pretty professional. Someone mentioned Avery Afterburner as a good package. I'm open to all suggestions!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 84 ✭✭GarGuile

Purchased the Afterburner kit and It works very well. Just in case anyone is curious. Anyone???

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,614 ✭✭✭BadCharlie

I thought i was for a second .... But nan!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,146 ✭✭✭Ronan|Raven

How much does the Afterburner kit retail for? Im looking for a decent labelling solution atm.

PCWorld have it on offer for around 29 squid(Can you call euros, squid???). Compared to what a special inkjet printer would cost, very reasonable. The quality's bang on too!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,563 ✭✭✭sikes

you can get the epson 900 from pcworld.co.uk for £99STG and compatable ink is only £4 each colour/mono from www.choicestationary.com

thats what i am going for!!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 741 ✭✭✭longword

Fair warning: Sticky labels can put a serious dent in the life expectancy of a disc.

Heard that allright, Longwood. Thermal cd printers are really suposed to screw up CDs.
    As we're on CD life expectancy, Sanyo have developed these new biodegradble disks made from some sort of corn-based product.

http://www.you.com.au/news/2201.htm

I'm not so sure these will take off.

Advertisement