Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Making the Multiregion Philips LX3000D DVD player play both regions

Options
  • 31-10-2003 11:44am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 565 ✭✭✭

Hey there,

I got a Multiregion Philips LX3000D DVD player as a present. It was bought from richer sounds and is supposed to be a multiregion player.

It will play region 2 DVD's without question, but when region 1 is inserted is says "wrong region". No sheet or codes came with the DVD.

So off to the internet I go, downloaded some codes, typed them in and lo and behold I can now watch region 1 DVD's. But then I put in region 2's and it says "wrong region" and I cannot for the life of me get it to change back..

Does anyone have this player and know what I should be doing?

all suggestions gratefully appreciated.. cos I only own 1 region 1 DVD and I'm getting a bit sick of it!

Comments

My own player is chipped so it does the change over automatically.

Reason I didn't get one that needed a hack code like you describe was that I read, that you need to put in a code each time you change regions which seemed like a lot of unnecessary hassle to me.
    I prefer plug in and play :)

Is there a code to change the player to region 2, it would be your next avenue methinks??

mm

• Registered Users Posts: 8,503 ✭✭✭Makaveli

http://www.dvd.reviewer.co.uk/info/multiregion/full/philips3800.asp

All you have done with the above is change the region from 2 to 1. You haven't made it a MR player.

The above hack should work for your player.

*Note* If you change a Philips players region 25 times, it locks on the 25th.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,521 ✭✭✭patch

If the above hack doesn't work, I have one at home which works for sure.

In the mean time, if you press

PLAY 159 PLAY

You'll reset the timer which allows you change region 25 times, to zero.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 565 ✭✭✭commuterised

thanks all!

Advertisement