Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Has anyone heard about this

Options
2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 493 ✭✭muffen

aside from maybe Guinness, is there anything in Ireland that isn't better somewhere else?

Nope!

(sorry, couldn't help myself, you set me up for that one).

The thing is, you will always find a country where the thing you are looking at is better. I mean, looking at roads, Norway is waaaay better than Ireland, and looking at BroadBand, Sweden is way better than Ireland.
    Point being, you cannot compare just one thing, as there will always be a country where that specific thing is better. You have to compare EVERYTHING.

I think Ireland is alright. I've been here for a year and a half, and I'll prolly stay for another eight months or so.
    Ppl are nice, which IMO is important, and there are good "going out" places.
    Guinness is really great here (and its equally crap in any other country I've tried it).

This is what I think of Ireland.

Bad things: Infrastructure, roads and phonelines aren't that good... my main complaint would be the roads (seriousy, that thing that goes through Phoenix Park does not qualify as a road, its more like randomly poured asfalt)!
    Too many drunk people in the citycenter can also get annoying, but I can live with that.

Good things:
    Ppl are nice and easy to talk to, which is really important.
    Great golfcourses.
    Guinness.
    Guinness.
    Guinness.

Not that this post belongs in this forum, but anyways, now you know what I think of Ireland :)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,007 ✭✭✭Moriarty

Lets try to keep on topic, shall we? :)

Advertisement