Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

OT - Urgetn gfx question.

Options
  • 09-09-1999 11:25am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 6,601 ✭✭✭

Right I have 250+ photos that all need to be cropped to the same size and converted from 24bit color jpg to a b&w jpg.
    what I'm looking for is a graphics program (be it command line or windows) that will do batch conversions or croppings.
    really really urgent :/
    could do it in my beloved Corel but it seems I'd have to bother to learn Corel-Script which looks horrible to me sad.gif
    thanks n stuff
    Ken

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 200 ✭✭mobius

Just post me the lot of 'em along with £500 in a sealed evelope, and I'll do it manualy.

Get muppited at:
    http://www.gibworld.com/mobius

• Registered Users Posts: 21,264 ✭✭✭✭Hobbes

Paintshop Pro will batch convert.

As for the cropping. I don't think PSP does it, however there is a nice program called AutoMate which you can program to do repetitive tasks REALLY easily. Free 30 day workable version as well...

http://www.unisyn.com/downloads/

• Registered Users Posts: 11,446 ✭✭✭✭amp

Just had a quick look in Photoshop 5. It appears to be able to do it under Automate and Fit Image. PSP can't do it (crop I mean), probably will in v6.

HTH!

[This message has been edited by amp (edited 09-09-99).]

• Registered Users Posts: 693 ✭✭✭Gyck

Like I said...

Try Jasc's Image Robot. You can create image manipulation macros very easily using it.

Or, you could use Photoshop's actions, though I've never tried somthing like that with it...

But try Image Robot first. I'm sure you can download an evaluation copy from the Jasc site.

There U go.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,275 ✭✭✭Shinji

Paint Shop Pro will batch convert between image types. However, I don't know of any product that will do the cropping as a batch operation.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 21,264 ✭✭✭✭Hobbes

Paintshop Pro can Crop.

Two ways using Automate. Use the mouse movement options to select the area and do a crop to selection.

The other way is to work out the cropping zone and set it in the Canvas size option.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 936 ✭✭✭FreaK_BrutheR

Im after doin it a few days ago crop (in the same area of them) and converting in photoshop. In the actions dialogue box u can prgramme macros... ihad like ctrl+s or summat and it did it for each picture. Corel Photopaint can do all pictures at once with its batch thingy too. Paint Shop Pro is free though and as valid as any. Basically nearly all programmes do it no adays..... now im rambling.....STFU!

Advertisement