Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

multi monitor display

Options
  • 31-10-2003 1:46pm
    Registered Users Posts: 919 ✭✭✭

this is something that i'd like, maybe not so many but it would be handy in some games.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 175 ✭✭theprofessor

I had 3 monitors at one point, a Mitsubishi 18" TFT, a Hansol 19" 910A and a 17" Dell. Running on an Aopen Ti4200 and a pci card. The 4200 had dual outputs.

But you need to know that you cannot split 3D apps accross multiple cards (unless its a Voodoo2, but thats different). So with the 3 monitors, I could split a 3D app accross the two monitors running from the GF4, but not the PCI card. Also, the 3D app must support res detection and not just offer set res's (800x600, 1024x768, 1280x1024,etc) the game then will detect the max res of the monitor with the lowest res of the two on the GF4 and offer that times two eg: 1280x1024(2) = 2560 x 2048.

But the down side is that the image looks really stretched and more PC's and card will crap themselves running a game that this res!!!! Good FPS were hard to get.

My recommendation is a projector, I borrowed one from work a while back, now that was good!

I mean't that you cannot split 3D apps across muliple cards on one pc :-( the widewiew software lets you do that with multiple metworked pc's. (Does anyone know of software that lets you do this???)

Here are some pics of what it was like, there were taken with seriously bad digital camera. They really do not do it justice, ALSO that is projected onto a bed sheet hanging on the front of my wardrobe!(excuse the mess)

That projector is now 1200, cheaper than 9 pcs and 13 screens!!!!!!

Do you just want all the screens for flight sims?

whoops, forgot the pics, here you go......

and some more, the 100K pic limit sucks!

the projector itself,

I'm gonna get a projector as soon as I can get the cash( summer I'd say HAHAH ).

• Advertisement
Advertisement