Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

gaming societies

Options
  • 31-10-2003 2:15pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2,148 ✭✭✭

im in sligo it and wanted to set up a pc gaming society or more specifically a counterstrike society, any other colleges got anything similar and did you have any trouble setting it up?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,216 ✭✭✭phreak

DCU has a gaming soc.

http://games.redbrick.dcu.ie

• Registered Users Posts: 41,072 ✭✭✭✭Annasopra

You Might find something at this link

It was so much easier to blame it on Them. It was bleakly depressing to think that They were Us. If it was Them, then nothing was anyone's fault. If it was us, what did that make Me? After all, I'm one of Us. I must be. I've certainly never thought of myself as one of Them. No one ever thinks of themselves as one of Them. We're always one of Us. It's Them that do the bad things.

Terry Pratchet

• Registered Users Posts: 4,282 ✭✭✭gucci

yeah counterstrikes gone in sligo and good riddance too

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,148 ✭✭✭angelofdeath

i take it your one of the peeps who was annoyed by us playing in the labs, god your such a nerd you should've tried it, twas great craic while it lasted, we can still play but im on my last warning so im trying to make it legit, we talked to the head of IT and the head of buisness and they said they dont see any problem with it apart from copyright issues, the head of IT actually plays it himself, and he the bane of my existance for the past three years!!

i did play it and must agree its an excellent game,but i had a sh1tload of CAD etc to do at end of last year and the 1st 2engineering labs were like a cross between an arcade and a cattle mart!!
    those were usually the only labs that were free as well!!that and how hot those freaking labs used to make my blood boil!!! also the constant bickering by whinging moaning bucks nearly crying and saying stop looking in my screen.
    how ironic is it that IT fella(p ryan?) plays it!suppose he checks his yahoo mail every day also!!!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,148 ✭✭✭angelofdeath

Originally posted by gucci
    how ironic is it that IT fella(p ryan?) plays it!suppose he checks his yahoo mail every day also!!!

:confused: dont get it, do i sense sarcasm?

• Registered Users Posts: 318 ✭✭Celtic Tiger

DCU games soc owns ;)

Originally posted by angelofdeath
    :confused: dont get it, do i sense sarcasm?

have y0u not noticed how yahoo and hotmail email is blocked now??

• Closed Accounts Posts: 428 ✭✭skipn_easy

there's a gaming society in trinity that does all night lans.
    thére's a website here: http://www.csc.tcd.ie/~gamers/phpBB2/index.php but it doens't have too much info on it.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,621 ✭✭✭Panda

tried to get one going in castlebar a year or two back,
    (in the good old days of quake :) ) but the college was havin absolutlely none of it.

i think some more people tried this year but got much the same answer,
    so myself and a few others had the first ISS 3 Playstation tournament there last night.

2 teams of two, massive tv, (still tryin to get the projector screen thing goin, need a cable of some sort.....), about ten teams, 2 euro each in the pot and went on for about 2 and a half hours.

good craic to be had :^)

heartily recommend it.
    also recommend ISS 3 ;)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,509 ✭✭✭Tiesto

Never was a fan of counterstrike myself.

Advertisement