Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

beards

13»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 622 ✭✭✭ColinM

Originally posted by lena
    daddy never had a beard.
    Hmm, but my spidey-senses tell me that there's something Freudian to this! Who are we talking about then?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 59 ✭✭lena

You know, you could be right...

Did someone say Jesus ?

:eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 622 ✭✭✭ColinM

Grand so. As long as I know I'm right, I can happily refrain from pressing the matter any further!

I'll just make my own sordid assumptions!

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 42,362 Mod ✭✭✭✭Beruthiel

boys and girls
    this is becoming very spammy, can we try and keep it some way towards staying on topic
    ta
    B

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,126 ✭✭✭][cEMAN**

Personally i've not been long term without a beard/goatee since I was about 16. I'm 26 now and i've no intentions of shaving this off.

I have done so for bets before, and for a previous g/f who "wanted to see how it looked". I was told to grow it back immediately because I look rediculously young without one. I would look about 17 if I were to shave now, but when I let it grow into a full beard I look about 35 and like Grizzley Adams, so I stick with a well maintained goatee.

I've had comments from some people of "cat's arse" but I don't bother about them too much. In instances like that I usually put a chocolate raisen in my mouth and slowly squeeze it out through my lips at them...

I find that it suits me. I find it natural, and I also find that with even a small amount of facial hair (non sideburn) it reduces acne to a minimum (1 spot per year and usually covered up). Also great for those suffering with excessive acne that you can't see it at all.

I have done the Zorro (current), the Grizzley adams, the ZZ Top, the prince (design shaved into the beard), and one of my favourites - the 8inch long braided goatee (like that guy out of 'System of a down') though I shaved clean at that stage for a bet and wish I hadn't.

I personally feel that we should have a beards forum dedicated to the people who uphold the ideals of the beard :D

I wonder what the attitude of the bearded male would be if his chosen female decided to grow her underarm, leg and bikini line hair, possibly even choosing to let the upper lip get a bit furry...

Also, it begs the question - Do beards have to be washed with shampoo?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,148 ✭✭✭angelofdeath

good question but would a woman want to grow a beard or have unshaven pits....

as for shampoo no i just use soap and water, brush it every now and again, keep it trimed once a week

Why do men want to grow beards?

I think if women let there pit & leg hair grow long (not to mention the bikini line) there'd be an outrage come summertime.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 693 ✭✭✭The Beer Baron

I wonder what the attitude of the bearded male would be if his chosen female decided to grow her underarm, leg and bikini line hair, possibly even choosing to let the upper lip get a bit furry...

we'd more than likely presume she'd turned to
    feminism and run screaming from the room with our tackle in our hands.

Erm, dunno, I suppose there is, I brush mine, regularly, I'm trying to train it to grow in a certain way, I guess it's like tending to a shrub I dunno. I've found myself using conditioner on it whatever's lathered up in my hair I use, or shower gel- nothing beats a shiny, silky beard except a lidl shower gel smelling beard.
    I guess it's a fine line, I can tout the masculinist ideal for a bit until I start using words like conditioner and such- I guess when you're tall dark and hairy like me you become as fond of what you image means to others as what it means to me. Being a tall, long-haired Beard many people are intimidated by me for no reason- which I love. Therefore, because of this I guess I must take care of my beard as it takes care of me by acting as a force field to the dregs of society. And so, without sounding like a ponce I would of course, be delighted to share grooming tips with fellow Beards. how did you get that beard so shiny? I've tried everything to get the same effect- I've tried dribbling tributaries of cider running down along it, I've tried supermacs burger sauce getting caught in it, dredging a bowl of koka noodles with it, I've tried accidentaly setting fire to it whilst doing sambuca shots...nothing seems to work!

Originally posted by lena

Mostly wash it with shower gel while showering each day, but often on occassion it needs to be shampoo'd with wash n' go to keep it nice and soft. But then I wash my hair every day and usually like to keep it soft. Women have often commented on how soft it is - but sometimes I wonder if I am too clean. Does anybody know if it's bad for your hair to wash it every single day (Again if i've been excersising).

As for woman's body hair - tbh I don't really mind. Apart from the fact that under arm hair gathers sweat and leaves a smell when unchecked, I don't really bother too much. I love a clean shaven underarm but i'm not picky. It's just nice when it's cleanly shaven so work it into areas that I spend time on while intimate.

Again as for bikini line I really don't care. I've dated plenty of women with excessive bikini lines, and apart from the fact that you sometimes get a mouthful of hair (stuck at the back of the throat or side of tongue is the worst kind) again there's no problem. It's just more pleasant to have neat and tidy or clean shaven bikini lines - that way it's pleasurable for both parties involved :P

The only problem I have is with women who intentionally let facial hair grow or encourage it. Maybe some women don't realise this but facial hair make them look like men. Men don't always like dating other men (i'm generalising to hetrosexual here) and facial hair remind them of other men. It's also not something very often seen on younger women (though sometimes with excessive hormones it happens). If it's natural and a medical condition then it's not something to hold against anybody, but what i'm saying is that if it's done intentionally (rebelling against something) or just to annoy people, then that would be a major turn off. Not just in appearance but in character.

I haven't actually dated any women with excessive factial hair but i've known enough, and the hair wasn't the reason why I didn't date them. But as I said - I wouldn't let the appearance put me off, more the character of the person.

• Advertisement

Originally posted by The Beer Baron
    I've tried accidentaly setting fire to it whilst doing sambuca shots...nothing seems to work!

hehehe I once had a woman try to set light to my beard (when it was the tied up long goatee) because she said I could do with taking a few inches off the end of it. She was drunk, and subsequently needed to be restrained by her friends as I dived for cover behind a large pint.....mmmm.....pint :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,472 ✭✭✭echomadman

Fire and beards , a dangerous mix, I'd have a beard of middle-earthian proportions if it wasnt for my drunken fascination with fire,
    I'd have eyebrows for more than 6 months a year too...

Advertisement