Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Mini- ITX boards

• 31-10-2003 4:00pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 337 ✭✭

I've been looking at these mini itx boards, anyone got one or used one? They seem pretty cool with built in processors up to 1GHz. They don't need extra cooling and there have been some crazy projects involving modding and cases.
    mini-itx.com Shows all you need to know about them and i'm tempted to buy the tranquil pc to see how it runs with everyday apps. Only 558 euro.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,376 ✭✭✭joc_06

These are perfect for car pc's and hopefully i will have my full set up in a week or so for testing. Check out
    www.mp3car.com
    for loads of info on these and car apps

Make sure you get the Nemiah core cas the other ones are crap for dvd watching.
    Remember that 1ghz via != 1ghz P3 or athlon
    they are good boards and small only 17cm square but not really a desktop replacement unless you only want basically windows xp and internet. Not for gamers.

note that a P4 mini itx board is due out but in the price range of E600

• Closed Accounts Posts: 74 ✭✭detritus

Hi

I have a fanless EPIA 5000 running ipcop (www.ipcop.org) happily providing internet access for my house, backhauling onto dsl.

OS booted off Compact Flash, and an mp3 server streaming audio around my house.

Not massively powerful, but ample for internet requirements.

Considering a silent option (hush mini-itx) for a mp3/dvd/pvr/web setup for my tv to replace my dvd and cd players.

There is certainly a fun aspect of bodging the board into pretty much any old hardware too of course.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 651 ✭✭✭sirlinux

Saw one of these in maplin on special the other day

http://www.maplin.co.uk/products/module.asp?CartID=031112084805781&moduleno=37126&modulecode=

very tempted!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,376 ✭✭✭joc_06

Here's a better/cheaper place to get em

www.cartft.com

Advertisement