Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

heatsink question

• 31-10-2003 4:12pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 36

was just wondering if the following heatsinks, zalman CNPS7000A-Cu and zalman CNPS6500B-AlCu, are compatible with my abit is7 motherboard, they say that u need clearence for the fan but im not sure if the psu will inhibit the fan. cheers

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,761 ✭✭✭Col_Loki

As far as im aware the problem with the PSU occurs in smaller cases like shuttle's.

The is7 should have plenty of room to fit it, your safe PSU wise if its mounted at the top of your case away from the socket. It's not a monster of a fan have a look inside your case and you should tell straight away...........

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,739 ✭✭✭BigEejit

I have a 6500 alcu, if fits pefectly on my IC7 .... i think the positions of components etc is the same on both boards. Someone may know for sure, I thought they were the same board pretty much just that the IS7 used 865 northbridge instead of the 875 used by IC7's. (The 6500alcu fits with the new larger heatsink/fan on the northbridge as well, no worries)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 65,649 ✭✭✭✭unkel
    Chauffe, Marcel, chauffe!

Originally posted by cooks
    was just wondering if the following heatsinks, zalman CNPS7000A-Cu and zalman CNPS6500B-AlCu, are compatible with my abit is7 motherboard, they say that u need clearence for the fan but im not sure if the psu will inhibit the fan. cheers

You can check this on the Zalman website. Be careful as it won't install on several current motherboards!!

I was planning to buy the abit NS7 mobo (won't fit), then decided to go epox (fits but you have to saw off a bit of the clip, so you won't be able to use it with athlon64) so had to divert to asus a7n8x :)

Dunno about p4 boards

And it won't fit in cases smaller than atx midi tower

Best fan in the world though :cool:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,739 ✭✭✭BigEejit

Or you could look at this page ... thats a 6500alcu in the picture and thats IS-7 written on the Mobo!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 65,649 ✭✭✭✭unkel
    Chauffe, Marcel, chauffe!

Originally posted by BigEejit
    Or you could look at this page ... thats a 6500alcu in the picture and thats IS-7 written on the Mobo!

Sorry I was referring to the CNPS7000-Cu :)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 36 cooks

excellent cheers. think ill go with the zalman heatsink CNPS6500B-AlCu

Advertisement