Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

What do to in a worst situation?

Options
  • 31-10-2003 4:29pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4,946 ✭✭✭

Right, as some of you know i bought a 2001 focus with 6000 miles on it - brand new(more or less) not a flaw with the car.. a definite winner.

The car has been in northern ireland in the factories possetion who have been minding the car for me when i pick it up... which would have been tomorrow.

About 20 minutes ago i got a phone call from the lads up north. My car has been stolen. Someone walked into the place, looked at the shelf, took my car keys down hit the alarm and looked about for a cars responce. They drove out of the factory without a bother.

I just did my ignition test there during the week, so i was waiting on my quote then i was going to get my insurance for what would have been my car, get a train up north and pick up my car.

So having no insurance so far, purchasing a car and then having it stolen.. WHAT THE FUK can i do now?

Where can i stand insurance wise? Am i stuck with a 5 digit debt now? Can someone please shed some light on this because i dont know what i can do here, i really am in histerics.

Cheers

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,876 ✭✭✭Borzoi

Whose factory? your work or the dealers?

Did you at any stage take delivery of the car?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 148 ✭✭Big al

their insurance should cover it, they are at fault as the didnt secure their premises. I dont understand what you mean by factory, how long do you have the loan out for, you can change your mind about the loan within 10 days if you havent actually paid them for the car or signed a wiaver

Good Luck

Al

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Dont panic, as stated above the loss will be covered by those who had in car in thier posession. I trust you have been in contact with the companies management
    if you felt there was any obstuctive behaviour from those
    at the storage building in question...leave the insurance isssue to one side for the moment, after all as of now you dont have anything to insure.

Mike.

• Registered Users Posts: 78,388 ✭✭✭✭Victor

Sounds like a typical Northern scam. Talk to the PSNI and your local Provo / Loyalist rep.

If the dealer sold you the car and they had it in storage for you to collect they have a responsibility to keep it secure in some way. Fair enough they wouldn't be held responsible it guys showed up with AK47s and took cars but "Someone walked into the place, looked at the shelf, took my car keys down hit the alarm and looked about for a cars responce. They drove out of the factory without a bother." sounds awfully like the court case where a ship owner denied responsibility for rotten meat because he forgot to turn on the refrigeration system for 2 weeks (the ship owners terms and conditions said he wasn't responsible for the cargo, but by not carrying out a basic duty, he breached the contract).

Advertisement