Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Motoring and Cameras....

Options
  • 31-10-2003 5:37pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭

I dont know if I'm alone but I carry a camera with me at all times on the road a cheapo digital item which I can use if something happens and I need evidence...reading posts here and eleswhere it seeems to me a worthwhile investment - solicitors and the Gardai can make great use of piccies taken at the scene....So if you have'nt got a camera buy one! Those "use and bin" cameras are very cheap and might save you a fortune!

Mike.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,033 ✭✭✭Silvera

You're not alone mike65!

I too carry a camera in my glovebox (for last few years), originally a 'cheapo' one, but now a 35mm with date-on-picture camera.

Hope I never need to use it for accident evidence (involving me) ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,398 ✭✭✭ando

I keep one in my car incase of any accidents and its not my fault. I just want to be able to prove it if I need to in court since my insurance is high enough already. I also take snaps when I see unusual things on the road like:

supercar.jpg

and

gatso.jpg

^^^ 2 speed traps in the one picture (gatso on the left, hairdryer on the right)

foff.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭mike65

:D Typical - too many guards in one spot!

I paused at a checkpoint outside Carlow on Wednesday
    where there were 4 (count em!) Gardai which was 2 too many...

Mike.

• Registered Users Posts: 78,388 ✭✭✭✭Victor

A spray can of yellow paint is also handy, although it only shows where the cars stopped, not where they hit, so mark the broken glass on the road also (which is usually where they hit). It proves when some muppet at traffic lights slams into gear and **reverses** into you.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,661 ✭✭✭Blitzkrieger

Aye, that's why I was going to buy a camera phone. Damn you Nokia N-Gage! :mad:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,610 ✭✭✭Lord Nikon

Mmm, I usually see that Contach in the City Centre, looks like Stephen's Green to me. Oh, and I like the Hyundai Coupe with twin exhausts on the left, not a lot of them around.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,946 ✭✭✭red_ice

the bloke that drives that lamber is the biggest poser there is!

i was sitting in cafe moca outside and he drove by us about 4 times within 10 minz. The bloke just cruises along dame street, up to stephans green and back to dame street again. Im thinkin of keying it next time he drives by :P

with regards to the camera, not a bad idea - i have a camera thats about 4 inches in lenght and 2 in width, mayas well leave it in the glovebox(when i get a car that is >:()

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,486 ✭✭✭Redshift

I always have a disposable camera in my glovebox in case of an accident so many muppets on the road these days I think it's only a matter of time before I'm in a smash judging by the number of times I've been nearly creamed in the last year by flippin idiots choosing the worst possible moment to overtake.:rolleyes:

Advertisement