Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

silvermead BB

• 31-10-2003 6:18pm
    Registered Users Posts: 102 ✭✭

iam looking for your help on this one i am thinking about getting the silvermead satellite BB soon but i never use it befour
    dose anyone here on this forum us satellite BB i need to know more about ppl who use it whats your points on it good and bad ..i know its not good for games but i be downloading a lot

and what is Priority 1 is this what i am only to download per day

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,036 ✭✭✭BArra

ur given something like 800mb guarenteed at ur allocated package speed be it 256k/512k/1mbit/2mbit

then you go into priroty 2 and your only guarenteed a certain percentage of your speed so if u had 512k, then in priority 2 you would only have say 55% of its speed and in priority 3 it gets worse where ur thrown into a pool and given whats available, and be sure it wouldnt be much, if u go over your cap ur asked to move to a higher speed package and eventually ur asked to leave the service

caps are woeful really, woulnd't recommend them at all, some horror storys on there forum and i was with them for 3 months, some very dodgy dealings went on with them :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,153 ✭✭✭bkehoe

Actually you get nothing in priority 3.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,007 ✭✭✭Moriarty

You'll get a better reply here.

• Registered Users Posts: 500 ✭✭✭Nuphor

I cancelled Silvermead, and went with CPSat. Appart from having class customer support and care, I actually get the speeds muted in their T&C's. Which is odd, considering they're using the same TP as Silvermead.

CPSat now have trial accounts so you can try out existing hardware if you have any. You can download as much as you like in a day, but, over a month, you're capped.

For instance, it's 500megs on priority 1, and 5 gigs on priority 2 on the 512k package. I'm currently getting 61kbytes in priority 2 still, so all's well here.

• Registered Users Posts: 102 ✭✭KILLER.BEE

THANKS all for your quick replys and Nuphor i think i will try CPSAT ..

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 500 ✭✭✭Nuphor

Let us know how ya get along!

• Registered Users Posts: 102 ✭✭KILLER.BEE

Nuphor do you have any good sites for buying a Quad LNB and the best card to get , and any other stuff i mite need ..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,393 ✭✭✭Eurorunner

Skystar 2 can be purchased here for approx. €80 delivered. Also various lnbs. have purchased thru them without any probs...

ct125 coax cable - €50/100metres @ B & Q Liffey Valley Retail Park, Lucan.

hth

Advertisement