Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

region free disk for dvd player?

• 31-10-2003 7:52pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2,808 ✭✭✭

does anyone know if there's a region free enabler disk thing for a dvd player (the one under my tv, not in the pc or in a console)? as in the way the ps2 and xbox dvd players have dvd-x or whatever its called. some little thing like that that i could buy to enable region freeness on my dvd player?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 538 ✭✭✭raphaelS

You should googled your DVD player brand and model with "region free"
    Then, you might find that it can be region free:
    -with keys on the remote
    -hidden menu
    -by changing the firmware (might be done by a CD-R)
    -Or with some hardware changes..
    -and if you're unlucky, you can't!

Which brand and model is it?

Raphael

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,484 ✭✭✭✭Stephen

I performed a CD-R firmware flash on a colleague's Toshiba SD220, worked a charm. Google will have the answer!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,348 ✭✭✭Ryo Hazuki

Hey, give me the Make and model number, I should be able to get you unlocking codes, if they exist.

Its simply a matter of typing in a few numbers with your remote.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,808 ✭✭✭Dooom

Its a Sony DVP-NS305. it'd be very handy to get it region free so i can watch my anime dvd's on my new 32" tv (:p :D) instead of a 17"monitor....any help's appreciated. i'll have a google for it aswell

• Moderators, Regional North West Moderators Posts: 19,124 Mod ✭✭✭✭byte
    byte

As far as I know, the Sony NS305 needs to be hardware modified to allow the playback of other region DVD's

• Advertisement
Advertisement